yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body lift kit arrived.. Any last min advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well good luck with that Vida.
    Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

The best last minute advice I can give you is go to Jotto's on the tech weekend and get help!
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I think paul1566 covered most of it, but also if your lift kit came from xpajun then at least 2 of the bolts supplied with the kit are not long enough. You need to get 2-4 bolts the same diameter but an Inch and half longer than the ones supplied.
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
          I think paul1566 covered most of it, but also if your lift kit came from xpajun then at least 2 of the bolts supplied with the kit are not long enough. You need to get 2-4 bolts the same diameter but an Inch and half longer than the ones supplied.

I think it was just you that had the bolt problem, I've fitted four of the Xpajun kits and all the bolts have been correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I think it was just you that had the bolt problem, I've fitted four of the Xpajun kits and all the bolts have been correct.
            Is it an easy task Bushwacker? I'm pretty ok with things like this, I did the springs myself, and fitted other mechanic bits. It does seem really simple in theory, I would and prob will attend the tech wkend, but I'm just to eager to get it done now.
            Will the gearsticks be long enough as the are?
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

You may need to nibble a bit of the plastic around the 4x4 lever gaiter where it passes through the centre console to allow it to engage properly when pulled back.
              Other than that they should be good.
              You can extend it but thats up to you, its not like you have to shift it every 5 mins.....
              Didn't do animals at all, worked fine as far as i remember.
              Remember arrows are silent.....................
              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                Is it an easy task Bushwacker? I'm pretty ok with things like this, I did the springs myself, and fitted other mechanic bits. It does seem really simple in theory, I would and prob will attend the tech wkend, but I'm just to eager to get it done now.
                Will the gearsticks be long enough as the are?

Spray all the threads on the bolts the day before with WD40, and lift the driver's side first. Starting from the front or rear, it dosen't matter.

A couple of jacks and some hefty chunks of wood would help, but the job can be done with one jack no problem. Place the wood under to floor near the areas where the body is bolted when jacking the body up.

Place lift blocks and bolts through the holes all down one side to keep them in place, then repeat on the other side, but don't tighten the nuts until the weight of the body is back on them.

Where the transfer lever is pulled back into 2wd, you'll probably have to file a little notch to make sure the lever has enough travel otherwise the lever slips into neutral as soon as you drive over a bumpy road.

Under the wheel arch. there's a plastic cover that can be removed to check the fuel filler tube.

It makes it a bit easier if you unbolt the seats and move then aside to gain access to the body bolts.

No need to extend any of the gear levers.

Comment

Working...
                X