yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body lift kit arrived.. Any last min advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body lift kit arrived.. Any last min advice?

I think I've read up enough to do it, and have been under the truck and located all the points.

Has anyone got any last min advice to help me?

Anything that can help me would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rich
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Wait till tomorrow, you will see better in the daylight.
    Brian

Comment

Ant problems drop me a line and you can bring it over here next weekend 14th

Comment

I've got ant problems, which is best, powder or boiling water.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I've got ant problems, which is best, powder or boiling water.
          hahahahaha bleach man bleach!
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Hey, some say i'll need to extend my manual gear lever and transfer lever, some say you dont need to?

I've found the screw-in extension pieces at Xpajun, but dunno if to buy or not?

Oh, and front bumper brackets, i havent got them either!
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              Ant problems drop me a line and you can bring it over here next weekend 14th
              thanks mate, drop your no in an email to me - rich@vidamusic.co.uk - i may well be callin ya!!
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Make sure you have a good size swear box to hand.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

For a bodylift??? Nah, thats easy.

Changing front diff halfshaft seals... THATS when you need the swear box - and a ready supply of plasters!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

When we did animals i remember some niggles........

Don't forget to undo the small P clip bracket holding the handbrake cable to the underside of the floor as this causes the cable to get pulled tight.

Oh and make sure the numpty that fitted your towbar, if you have one, has not bolted the blinkin thing to the rear bumper brackets cus all the jacking in the world won't lift the body.

Keep an eye on filler pipe, drivers side rear wheel arch behind inner arch, should be enough slack to accomodate lift.

When jacking, strap the rear axle up to the chassis with ratchet straps so when you jack the body you do not have to take up the slack in the suspension before the body rises.
                    Not sure how to overcome this at the front but the weight of the engine will help.

Steering column bolts may need to be removed not just slackened when initially installing blocks.

We reused the original washers fitted to the original bolts just need to knock the old bolts out as they are press fitted to the washers.
                    Remember arrows are silent.....................
                    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      For a bodylift??? Nah, thats easy.

Changing front diff halfshaft seals... THATS when you need the swear box - and a ready supply of plasters!
                      Something like a halfshaft seal would be a garage job for me, im still in two minds weather or not to do the cam belt & thats a piece of cake, "apparently"

Im getting better, i manager to replace rear springs & shocks with no real drama.
                      Last edited by si tate; 7 January 2011, 01:09.

Comment

We had a go, and I nearly knocked myself out and split my top lip right through when the extension bar popped off a bolt head and whacked me in the face. I nearly won IOTY for that

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                          Oh and make sure the numpty that fitted your towbar, if you have one, has not bolted the blinkin thing to the rear bumper brackets cus all the jacking in the world won't lift the body.
                          Good shout. I've got a towbar (which I'll probably take off TBH) but haven't yet had a look how its been fitted...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            We had a go, and I nearly knocked myself out and split my top lip right through when the extension bar popped off a bolt head and whacked me in the face. I nearly won IOTY for that

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                              When we did animals i remember some niggles........

Don't forget to undo the small P clip bracket holding the handbrake cable to the underside of the floor as this causes the cable to get pulled tight.

Keep an eye on filler pipe, drivers side rear wheel arch behind inner arch, should be enough slack to accomodate lift.

When jacking, strap the rear axle up to the chassis with ratchet straps so when you jack the body you do not have to take up the slack in the suspension before the body rises.
                              Not sure how to overcome this at the front but the weight of the engine will help.

Steering column bolts may need to be removed not just slackened when initially installing blocks.

We reused the original washers fitted to the original bolts just need to knock the old bolts out as they are press fitted to the washers.

awesome, thanks dude
                              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X