yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to spot an original (bad design) head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to spot an original (bad design) head?

This is either an FAQ or a silly question but who knows...

As of yesterday I'm the new owner of a 92 SSR-X TD Auto and all is right with the world.

After reading this forum though, the fear of God is with me that my cylinder head will go before I've got this thing out of the garage.

My question is, is there some way to spot whether the head on my Surf is the original (pre-recall) factory part? Maybe a part number stamp, or a certain configuration? Alternatively, could there be any tell-tale signs that the head had already been replaced?

I should point out that I'm rather clueless...

Originally posted by tamper
    This is either an FAQ or a silly question but who knows...

As of yesterday I'm the new owner of a 92 SSR-X TD Auto and all is right with the world.

After reading this forum though, the fear of God is with me that my cylinder head will go before I've got this thing out of the garage.

My question is, is there some way to spot whether the head on my Surf is the original (pre-recall) factory part? Maybe a part number stamp, or a certain configuration? Alternatively, could there be any tell-tale signs that the head had already been replaced?

I should point out that I'm rather clueless...
    Unfortunatly there is no method of visually distinguishing the early and late cylinder heads.
    AFAIK the recall is for the Head Gasket, not for the head itself
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

ive had my 2.4 surf 1993 Kreg for 15 months & when i found this great forum and read about the 2.4 heads i was worried but so far my beast has been fine . first thing to do is some preventative maintenance Replace Rad cap, Replace Thermostat. Do a coolant flush, change Cam Belt. then finally you have to get it DIRTY
      NOT ALL 2.4 SURFS are bad
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
      X