My steering wobble problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My steering wobble problem

I have been reading a lot of the posts on here about possible causes for my steering wobble. There is one that i noticed today and wondered if it could be the cause.
    I noticed that my car seems to have a saggy back end its about 1.5 inches lower than the front .Is this right ?? or do i new new springs etc.

cheers

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Originally posted by Mike66
    I have been reading a lot of the posts on here about possible causes for my steering wobble. There is one that i noticed today and wondered if it could be the cause.
    I noticed that my car seems to have a saggy back end its about 1.5 inches lower than the front .Is this right ?? or do i new new springs etc.

cheers

Mike
    I'm not a super techy but I doubt if your steering wobble problem is related to the saggy rear. I know that my truck rides much more comfortably since the new rear springs were fitted. I used to have to select the hard suspension setting under certain condition but rarely use it these days.
    I have a mystery steering problem too. My brother has checked my tracking, camber angle etc at least twice now but I am still getting uneven tyre wear. The front n/s tyre wears on the inside and if i get the n/s into the tramlines on the motorway the truck pulls to the left. If I do the same with the o/s there is no problem.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

cheers

Mike
      You'll find the case of the saggy arsed surf is quite common
      They grow tied with age, many choose to fit uprated springs when due for replacing. Have a search, plenty of info here regarding changing the rear springs.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Wobbly

Mine had a wobble too, I went for the obvious and got the wheels re balanced! Now it's sorted. I reckon off roading might be the cause of losing some weights. I also noticed how difficult it was to balance my wheels on an old machine (I reckon the guys that fitted my new boots may have just guessed!
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

wobbly saggy arse!

I had/have the same problems , the saggy arse cured by two new gas shocks and 20% extra strong springs, all from milners for about £100, and the steering I am going to renew bushes in the steering idler, try checking your steering damper! I replaced this on my hilux pickup and it made a vast difference.

Comment

Solution

cheers

Mike
            Hi Mike,
            I had exactly the same probs as you.For the steering get a Toyota garage to realign the tracking in the 4 wheel drive,not just the front two wheels.For the rear "sag" contact Milners with the prob.and they will supply a pair of uprated rear springs for around £70.This will raise the rear by some 2.1/2 - 3 "

Comment

cheers guys thanks for the info
              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Working...
              X