seatbelt isnt long enough to go round child car seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seatbelt isnt long enough to go round child car seat

i have just purchased a 3rd gen surf on a p reg to replace my mondeo,i hoped the child seat would fit better in the back as the mondeo seatbelt was a bit short,well the surf belt is about 10" shorter.
    my child seat is a normal sized 1 for a newborn,is there an extension i can buy for the seat belt?
    i know some places dont sell them due to health and safety blah blah blah but its bound to be safer than no belt at all.thanks,lee

I bought one for a previous car, its a buckle and receiver on a length of belt. As long as the plastic housing does not press onto a hard part of the seat, then it is "relatively" and i do mean "relatively" safe. The dangers come when (in the event of a crash) the housing is put under pressure, explodes and releases the belt.
    I have one you could have for the postage, if I can find it......
    If not, bear in mind there are different size tongues, fattys and thinnies.
    HTH
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Does your childseat not have a "carseat base" as an optional extra. One of those where you fit the base using the seatbelt and then the actual seat clicks into the base. I know the seatbelts are too short to go round the seat itself, but Im sure they are long enough to anchor these bases. As its for a newborn Im going to take a guess that the seat is a component part of a pram. buggy, cot, car seat package , in which case a car seat base should certainly be available for it.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

thanks for the offer,a buckle part wouldnt do due to the way the belt has to go round this stupid seat!
        i have bought a belt extension off ebay with an eye at each end,1 part will bolt to the chassis and the other will bolt to the part of the belt which would have bolted to the chassis,this will give me enough length and correct configuration to fit the seat.
        its a seat specially for the pram and doesnt come with a base,i left the wife in charge of the pram and she picked the bulkiest,most uncomfartable looking childseat going,but at least its a nice colour!women!!!

Comment

Working...
        X