Anyone got info on these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got info on these?

Anyone know of these or got any info, ie would they fit a 3rd gen, do they need a compressor etc etc??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...910140613&rd=1

According to the application guide at www.gorancho.com the only RS 9000 shock that fits a 3rd gen has a part number of RS99187, and these are for the rear only, no front shock available, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      According to the application guide at www.gorancho.com the only RS 9000 shock that fits a 3rd gen has a part number of RS99187, and these are for the rear only, no front shock available, apparently.
      I'm using RS9000 shocks front and rear on my 1996 KZN185W SSR-G.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        My Surf has a 4" suspension lift to accomodate the Yokohama Geolandar LT285/75R16 tires.

Comment

Oh looks like I got some duff info, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
            Anyone know of these or got any info, ie would they fit a 3rd gen, do they need a compressor etc etc??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...910140613&rd=1
            This might be helpful - http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/shocks/
            Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
              My Surf has a 4" suspension lift to accomodate the Yokohama Geolandar LT285/75R16 tires.
              post a pic!...
              i'm looking for some 285/75/16s for mine... what's the overall diameter??

(i've got pro comp es9000 on the back and es3000 on the front)

and original question... the ones in the pic won't fit straight on.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                post a pic!...
                i'm looking for some 285/75/16s for mine... what's the overall diameter??

(i've got pro comp es9000 on the back and es3000 on the front)

and original question... the ones in the pic won't fit straight on.
                I had 275 - -75 -16" on my 2nd gen it looked the mutz but played havoc with my front arches, no turninig circle. A lift & spacers would be a better option
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  I had 275 - -75 -16" on my 2nd gen it looked the mutz but played havoc with my front arches, no turninig circle. A lift & spacers would be a better option
                  yeah, i've got 4" lift... gonna get some spasers cos i tried some wider and they were awful close to the top balljoint.

Comment

Also watch the bolts that hold your mudflaps on as the tyres can catch them
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

post a pic!...
                      i'm looking for some 285/75/16s for mine... what's the overall diameter??.....
                      overall diameter is 834 mm.

I've no rubbing probs. The tires are just on the same vertical plane as the edge of the fender flares.

You might need wheels with a bigger offset.

HTH.
                      Last edited by RoySharif; 12 July 2004, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
                        overall diameter is 834 mm.

I've no rubbing probs. The tires are just on the same vertical plane as the edge of the fender flares.

You might need wheels with a bigger offset.

HTH.
                        ok... so what's that in english?...
                        i think when i looked it was cos i had my steel wheels on they have a small offset they're very close on the inside... still.. no harm in a set of spacers eh!?

Comment

ok... so what's that in english?...
                          i think when i looked it was cos i had my steel wheels on they have a small offset they're very close on the inside... still.. no harm in a set of spacers eh!?
                          what i meant was that my wheels have a big offset such that the tires are located away from the inside of the wheel well.

I'm not familiar with spacers but I've read that a lot of people use it. But the better way would still be to replace your wheels with ones having a bigger offset.

Comment

Working...
                          X