X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullbar

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums

Just sold my SWB Pajero and bought a 1992 2.4 SSRX Surf.

My question is regarding the bullbar. For insurance purposes, I was wondering if the bullbars are fitted in the factory as standard or are they classed as a mod?

The bar on my surf has a plastic toyota covering on it...

Many thanks

Not fitted as standard, but guess the first buyer could have requested them be fitted so it came with them on. Technically I guess they are classed as not standard but personally wouldnt call them a modification as they dont alter performance etc
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks for that Koi.

Comment

I would think the standard a bars on the surfs would be factory fitted from new or just removed on request.There seems to many about with these a bars fitted to be just an after-market.
        TBH i wouldn't even bother telling the insurance about the A Bar if it is the normal one that's fitted on the surfs.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hello Will. Welcome to the forum....Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

that sounds like the factory-optional A-bar, not really a mod or aftermarket thing, it was a dealership accessory you could get

Comment

Thanks for all the replies,

Spoke to the insurance guys today about it and they said it does not affect the premium, but they would note it on the policy anyway.

Insurance is with NFU Mutual for £540. Cheapest I could find here in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Working...
              X