should it stay or should it go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should it stay or should it go

ok,ive been offerred a really nice twin turbo legacy as swap for my trusty surf,now ive had a few imprezas before but not a legacy,anyway my question is,has anyone on here had a tt legacy before and what they like,or just keep the surf,

ADVICE/HELP NEEDED GUYS

tt legacy like chit of a stick great cars parts can be bit ott eats fuel tyres but an allround great car

Comment

are they really bad on fuel or as bad as the 3.0 surf,20-25 gallon,

suppose its how you drive really though,it is a twin turbo,noit designed to be economical is it

Comment

If your Surf is a guddun (and so is the Legacy) - go for it...and let me have your truck :-)

I'm after a Surf as you might be able to tell!
        [B][U][I][SIZE="4"]NorthDirt[/SIZE][/I][/U][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDirt View Post
          If your Surf is a guddun (and so is the Legacy) - go for it...and let me have your truck :-)

I'm after a Surf as you might be able to tell!
          surfs a real guddun thats why im reluctant,slobodans just put a pic of it in that pics of rides section,he wants a swap though so its not for cash sale

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
            surfs a real guddun thats why im reluctant,slobodans just put a pic of it in that pics of rides section,he wants a swap though so its not for cash sale
            No worries - had to ask.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Legacy and prefer the Legnum VR4 (Mitsu). My ST205 GT4 used to hammer my mates Legacy TT and the Celica is only a 2.0T.
            [B][U][I][SIZE="4"]NorthDirt[/SIZE][/I][/U][/B]

Comment

yeah i like the vr4s,look mean

Comment

we have a H6 Legacy Outback, gets slightly better MPG than our modified 3.0 Surf, but not much, and if surf was stock/not worn out there wouldn't be much in it.

TT 2.0 leggys seem to be slightly better than our N/A 3.0 one unless you give then some stick, but outstanding cars, with outstanding thirst.

Get it anyway, they are stonking fun, and a very useful car for most of lifes needs. Everyone should try one once.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I've owned all three, Legacy TT, Legnum VR4 and a few Surfs.

The Legacy Twin Turbo is a far better built car than any of the mass market Imprezas. It rides better, handles better out of the box and is generally much better screwed together with thicker panels and less "weight loss" taken into account. As Tony says, you really need to try one to believe how good they are.

The Legnum VR4 I owned was a horrible machine. They're almost all Automatic which doesn't suit that engine at all. They're notorious for sticking valve-trains and ridiculously thirsty. Having said that, you'll be lucky to get 20mpg from the Legacy.

Dependent on how attached you are to the Surf, you'll probably really miss it if you get rid of it, I know this only too well. I may own a few more performance cars in the future but they'll be in addition to the Surf. Surfs get under your skin. If you sell/swap her, you'll almost certainly buy another a year or two down the line.
                  En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Was there not a thread on here a while back, about a stonking quick legacy track car?

Maybe was another forum, sorry if I am taking shit.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Was there not a thread on here a while back, about a stonking quick legacy track car?

stop talking shit and get back to the subject,life changing decisions are being made here,haha

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                        I've owned all three, Legacy TT, Legnum VR4 and a few Surfs.

The Legacy Twin Turbo is a far better built car than any of the mass market Imprezas. It rides better, handles better out of the box and is generally much better screwed together with thicker panels and less "weight loss" taken into account. As Tony says, you really need to try one to believe how good they are.

The Legnum VR4 I owned was a horrible machine. They're almost all Automatic which doesn't suit that engine at all. They're notorious for sticking valve-trains and ridiculously thirsty. Having said that, you'll be lucky to get 20mpg from the Legacy.

Dependent on how attached you are to the Surf, you'll probably really miss it if you get rid of it, I know this only too well. I may own a few more performance cars in the future but they'll be in addition to the Surf. Surfs get under your skin. If you sell/swap her, you'll almost certainly buy another a year or two down the line.

it has,i love the surf,and i know its a good one,but very tempted by this as i havnt had a legacy and i reckon id like it,i have a strange passion for estate cars,dont know why,i think done right they look really smart

Comment

just don't do it the scooby an auto to boot and not even a spacktronic like you said you cant have real fun in a hi-powered car if it's auto you cant even have a dump valve on it and there is no way in hell it will live up to your old sti mate so just keep the surf and we'll take them out over the pit 2moro morning text me if your up for it
                          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                            it has,i love the surf,and i know its a good one,but very tempted by this as i havnt had a legacy and i reckon id like it,i have a strange passion for estate cars,dont know why,i think done right they look really smart
                            Up to you mate but I've done almost exactly the same thing you're thinking of doing in the past, twice, and regretted it each time. Legacy TT estates are undoubtedly great cars but the novelty will wear off in a fortnight and you'll be cursing the day you swapped your Surf. Save the pennies for a few years and get one as a toy, you'll appreciate it then instead of resenting it for robbing you of your precious Surf.

What other vehicle could you have for the same price as a Surf thats as versatile and that has such a big grin factor? I can't think of any.
                            En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

You're right, I posted it awhile ago on here.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X