Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bars

Are the standard A bars worth much??

are they in good condition? if so probably not, i will give you a fiver delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtrux View Post
      Yes, because its illegal to supply new ones and technically illegal to retrofit second hand ones to a truck that didn't have them when it was new.

All of ours were "imported with it fitted"
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
        Yes, because its illegal to supply new ones and technically illegal to retrofit second hand ones to a truck that didn't have them when it was new.

How come there are loads of new bull bars / nudge bars for sale on Ebay then? I don't understand this law, if it's illegal how are some sellers getting around it?
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtrux View Post
          Yes if you have no taste what so ever.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            How come there are loads of new bull bars / nudge bars for sale on Ebay then? I don't understand this law, if it's illegal how are some sellers getting around it?
            I suppose if your truck had a bar and you bent it, then you could purchase another one.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

As far as I was aware bull bars are illegal to supply as new but "A-bars" aren't...

New ones available here.

If you want to look at the legislation it's here. Knock yourself out trying to make sense of it! lol

As far as I can tell it seems like it all has to do with the angle an A-bar makes with respect to the front bumper and the bonnet, as well as the amount the material the A-bar is made of bends under impact.

I suspect any A-bars sold as new ones should be EC-type approved as well.

EDIT: For the OP - no they aren't worth very much but people try to flog them for silly money on eBay so somebody must be willing to pay for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                I didn't word it very well. It became illegal to fit non type approved bars to any vehicle after 25th May 2008. No stainless steel or any other metal bars will ever get an EU type approval.
                http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what...y-legal/236992

All Steel A-bars/Bull bars are most certainly illegal for fitment to any vehicle nowadays. Its not illegal to sell them but its illegal to fit them and its illegal to drive a vehicle if it was fitted with them after 25/05/08.
                En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Its not illegal to sell them but its illegal to fit them and its illegal to drive a vehicle if it was fitted with them after 25/05/08.
                  That's bizarre! It's like saying it's legal to sell firearms but illegal to own them, or fire them.

Maybe that statement is a little over the top as an analogy, but you get my drift.
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                  X