X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    You should wear your scratches like a badge of honour
    Indeed!

Mine looks like and has gone through a hedge... or several.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Fair play mate, but last I looked the same two guys had it up to 2.5k, you should have bit has hand off and used the money to buy a 3rd gen 3.0ltr.

2.4s in great condition normaly make 1.5k on a very good day.
      i ended it on £2550 with 13 hrs to go and 227 watchers... your right, i could have sold it for a Gen 3 but it wouldnt have had the big tyres & alloys, lift kit, winch, snorkal, bullbars or light bar on it for that kind of money and i dont like them much unless they look aggressive so rather than mess on hunting down a decent newer one then spending a fortune on after market bits to get it lookin similar to my gen 2 id honestly rather have kept mine as it looks just the way i want it. Plus i couldnt be without a car for longer than a couple of days coz iv got my own buisness and do a lot of callout work so need a motor at all times. The only reason i was selling mine to start with was the fuel consumption problem but that does seem to have corrected itself quite a bit so im happy to hang onto it for a while and get it looking pretty!

Comment

You should wear your scratches like a badge of honour
        well i dont mind so much the sides but i definately need something for the bonnet as the previous owner pulled a massive sticker off and took half the laquer off along with it so it looks a right mess at the minute!

Comment

Originally posted by w33lerd33ler View Post
          i ended it on £2550 with 13 hrs to go and 227 watchers... your right, i could have sold it for a Gen 3 but it wouldnt have had the big tyres & alloys, lift kit, winch, snorkal, bullbars or light bar on it for that kind of money and i dont like them much unless they look aggressive so rather than mess on hunting down a decent newer one then spending a fortune on after market bits to get it lookin similar to my gen 2 id honestly rather have kept mine as it looks just the way i want it. Plus i couldnt be without a car for longer than a couple of days coz iv got my own buisness and do a lot of callout work so need a motor at all times. The only reason i was selling mine to start with was the fuel consumption problem but that does seem to have corrected itself quite a bit so im happy to hang onto it for a while and get it looking pretty!
          You know this is the HILUX Surf owners forum, don't you?
          Brian

Comment

I ended the auction and decided to keep it... the only reason i was selling it was because it seemed to be drinking diesel but i think it was because the fella i got it off was running it on veg oil or biodiesel. i got just over 100km to nearly a full tank of diesel first fill up i did, now im getting more than double that so im guessing its been flushed through now... im pleased i can afford to run it now coz i love it!
            Surely ya didn't purchase it for it's Mpg efficiency !!

Jess
            "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              Surely ya didn't purchase it for it's Mpg efficiency !!

Jess
              I didnt purchase it, i done a deal for it for a car worth less than half its value coz i dont think the fella knew what he had... anyway like i said the fuel issue has sorted itself out now, im happy with it...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                You know this is the HILUX Surf owners forum, don't you?
                what am i driving?... a land rover?? lol

Comment

doesnt matter mate animal graphics are for any 4x4 and the l200 is a similar size to the surf
                  LOL, it does matter, the Animal brand sponser a spec of Misti, it'd be like have a big green oval on the bonnet of your truck, or buying a Iphone and having HTC stickers on.

You WILL be laughed at...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    LOL, it does matter, the Animal brand sponser a spec of Misti, it'd be like have a big green oval on the bonnet of your truck, or buying a Iphone and having HTC stickers on.

You WILL be laughed at...

ah right, i wasnt aware that animal were sole sponsers of miti, i thought they just made 'general' 4x4 parts. well guess il be looking for womething else then! thanks for the heads up

Comment

you could cut the words off the bottom, if you like the tiger.

Animal are a 'lifestyle' clothing brand, ie surfing, boarding, etc....

Nothing to do with 4x4 parts, but they have sponsed a range Mitsubushi pickups and Shoguns for years, hence the Mitsi/Animal association.

Comment

Like Jack Foreskin sponsored a Surf - so some people believe
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Damn, I resisted mentioning that, then you bring it up...

Comment

Jess
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              Damn, I resisted mentioning that, then you bring it up...

After all it is

Jess
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X