yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Xmas present that I have ever bought myself !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    And since when did a 20 year old on/off switch respond to tuning?

What is it about you "haters" who have nothing better to do than be negative to posters who come to forums to share the experience's of their Surf and offer help to other genuine owners if needed,And here was me thinking that the website "hiluxsurf.co.uk" was a place full of fellow Surf owners who get excited about their truck like I do

The 20 year old Light switch you talk about actually has a fuel system that was so far ahead of its competitors at the time when it was first fitted to the 1KZ-TE that it is the only non "Common rail" that Tunit do,

As a good friend of mine who is a diesel engineer said " You cant chip a diesel if its not fly by wire" now he admits hes wrong

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      I think it's junk.
      I don't need 50 squid.
      (do you do BJ's?)
      Like I said Dummy Kiss My........

Comment

Originally posted by Evoluzione View Post
        As a good friend of mine who is a diesel engineer said " You cant chip a diesel if its not fly by wire" now he admits hes wrong
        The Surf is "Fly by wire". It may have a cable but it has a Throttle position sensor which governs fuel pump output.
        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
          You have to respect that, that's quite funny.

Tunit = mega expensive for a box of resistors but will give you more power as long as you have the airflow to match the fueling.
          You are quite right about the lack of airflow to match the fueling that's why I bought a K&N OEM style air filter at the same time and if I hadn't had such a good offer for my Surf the plan was to fit an Intercooler and then a 3 inch stainless exhaust system to get the benefits of the extra fuelling,that's why I want to buy a Gen 3 with the intercooler already fitted,

Any info on the Gen 3 would be appreciated,How do they compare to a Gen 2 ? and what to look for when buying,

Thanks in Advance

Comment

You are quite right about the lack of airflow to match the fueling that's why I bought a K&N OEM style air filter at the same time and if I hadn't had such a good offer for my Surf the plan was to fit an Intercooler and then a 3 inch stainless exhaust system to get the benefits of the extra fuelling,that's why I want to buy a Gen 3 with the intercooler already fitted,

Any info on the Gen 3 would be appreciated,How do they compare to a Gen 2 ? and what to look for when buying,

Thanks in Advance
            A sound plan. Don't get too disheartened by some of your replies thus far. Its a good and very knowledgable forum and I've yet to say I've come across any w*nkers here. The banter is merciless sometimes but its all in good fun.

To be honest, if you re-read your first post, you did come across as a bit of a snakeoil salesman. The guys who jumped on it straight away are long time Surf Owners who've seen numerous such products hit the market, get touted up by well meaning people and turn to ashes on the first subjective test. In short, they've seen it all before and it did look like you might be running the company or something

3rd Gen is better in all respects than the 2nd Gen, in my opinion, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nicer interior, bigger inside and out, more advanced front suspension and a better drive. Checking it over prior to buying is the same as a 2nd Gen with the exception of the drive train. Nearly all 3rd Gens have multi-mode 4WD with a centre differential. Make sure all the modes engage and disengage properly and you'll be fine. Disregard the mileage as they've all been clocked prior to hitting the auction floor in Japan anyway and the 3.0TD bottom end and running gear is good for as many miles as you can throw at it as long as its properly looked after. Buy on the basis of condition and not mileage. A cylinder head can pop at any mileage and the bill is the same. Once fitted with a good quality aftermarket head, they'll go forever.

Happy New Year!

Comment

The Surf is "Fly by wire". It may have a cable but it has a Throttle position sensor which governs fuel pump output.
              Ok Full title "Fly by wire common rail"which the Surf isn't, The VP box has to be linked into the wiring connections of the ECU in the passenger foot well via 5 wires where as all the common rail Tunit boxes just involve linking the the "Rail" to the Tunit via OEM connectors,takes 5 minutes

And it works on the 2.4 Td as well

Comment

Ok Full title "Fly by wire common rail"which the Surf isn't, The VP box has to be linked into the wiring connections of the ECU in the passenger foot well via 5 wires where as all the common rail Tunit boxes just involve linking the the "Rail" to the Tunit via OEM connectors,takes 5 minutes

And it works on the 2.4 Td as well

Comment

A sound plan. Don't get too disheartened by some of your replies thus far. Its a good and very knowledgable forum and I've yet to say I've come across any w*nkers here. The banter is merciless sometimes but its all in good fun.

To be honest, if you re-read your first post, you did come across as a bit of a snakeoil salesman. The guys who jumped on it straight away are long time Surf Owners who've seen numerous such products hit the market, get touted up by well meaning people and turn to ashes on the first subjective test. In short, they've seen it all before and it did look like you might be running the company or something

3rd Gen is better in all respects than the 2nd Gen, in my opinion, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nicer interior, bigger inside and out, more advanced front suspension and a better drive. Checking it over prior to buying is the same as a 2nd Gen with the exception of the drive train. Nearly all 3rd Gens have multi-mode 4WD with a centre differential. Make sure all the modes engage and disengage properly and you'll be fine. Disregard the mileage as they've all been clocked prior to hitting the auction floor in Japan anyway and the 3.0TD bottom end and running gear is good for as many miles as you can throw at it as long as its properly looked after. Buy on the basis of condition and not mileage. A cylinder head can pop at any mileage and the bill is the same. Once fitted with a good quality aftermarket head, they'll go forever.

Happy New Year!
                  And a Happy New Year to you Sir,

You are right I went overboard with my first post hence my "Sorry" in the second,but I may have had one to many !!!

Thanks for the 3 Gen info,I really like the look of the Pearl Coloured version and currently looking,did Toyota make a manual version ?

One more thing you say they are clocked before leaving Japan,My Gen 2 showed 88000 miles on the speedo and was imported in 2006,on inspecting the engine I noticed a silver sticker on the cam belt with 94,712 kms and what looked like a date of Oct 2003,Now I assumed that the importer had fitted an electronic convertor to the speedo head and adjusted the mileage to compensate,it had the "160" Speedo dial face with a MPH sticker over the KMH,the speed and oddometer both were accurate accordinbg to my SatNav,
                  My Surf didnt look like it had even done 88000 it was that clean,
                  Is this how its done or am I way off mark?
                  Thanks for the tips Sandro

Comment

Sandro,

If a converter is fitted, sometimes the odo clock is changed to reflect miles but not always. You can never be sure of their mileage, even with full Jap history as its easily forged and well woth doing from the exporters point of view. They come from Japan very clean indeed, but its no indication of true mileage, no salt on the road, mostly never even seen mud and the owners look after them well. I have a Mk2 Golf on my drive that I could easily pass of for a 40k mile car, its done 140k.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the mileage is on a 3.0, they will literally go to the moon and back, twice.

I'm far from being an expert, there are plenty more qualified than me on this forum but I've never seen a manual 3rd Gen. Not that you'd want one, as the Aisin Warner autobox on the Surf/Lexus LS400/Misti Pajero is absolutely bomb proof. All it asks for is a change of 3 litres of its fluid every 10k miles and it'll see you right.

Which part of Italy are you from?

Comment

The shit part.....

That's why he's here...
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Here's a video showing how a Bob box is made...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1zENW23gDo

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Bob's knocking on a bit ain't he? He must have been mates with Big Otto himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            I just watched all that!

I haven't bookmarked it though.
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Bookmark this page though, just so you can compare with a Tunit.

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/bobbox.shtml

Comment

Sandro,

If a converter is fitted, sometimes the odo clock is changed to reflect miles but not always. You can never be sure of their mileage, even with full Jap history as its easily forged and well woth doing from the exporters point of view. They come from Japan very clean indeed, but its no indication of true mileage, no salt on the road, mostly never even seen mud and the owners look after them well. I have a Mk2 Golf on my drive that I could easily pass of for a 40k mile car, its done 140k.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the mileage is on a 3.0, they will literally go to the moon and back, twice.

I'm far from being an expert, there are plenty more qualified than me on this forum but I've never seen a manual 3rd Gen. Not that you'd want one, as the Aisin Warner autobox on the Surf/Lexus LS400/Misti Pajero is absolutely bomb proof. All it asks for is a change of 3 litres of its fluid every 10k miles and it'll see you right.

Sunny Sheffield was where I spent the first 16 years,Pops came from Milan but jumped ship when I was 3 and left me with a name that no can spell but me,But hey looking on the positive side moved to Kent,met wife,3 kids blah de blah,

My Gen 2 SSR-X was auto and I found it annoying when you slowed down on the motorway and it dropped out of overdrive where as in a manual I would have left it in a higher gear,never realized the box was used for the Pajero.I remember the early Shoguns had problems with snapping input shafts

I agree with you about caring for the box by giving it fresh oil every 10K or sooner if it gets discoloured from overheating,My Gen 2 had an extra cooler under the front,the guy I bought it from intended towing his caravan to Wales,think he did a dummy run got home an banged it on ebay asap when he found out its against the law to put a towbar on the back of a caravan for the purpose of towing a diesel bowser that was connected directly to the Surfs fuel tank with his young son strapped to the top of it pumping furiously to meet the demands of the thirsty Surf

I kid you NOT,this one had me looking under it as I kept feeding its addiction for derv cos I was sure there had to be a hole in the tank some where.

And to think it was all caused by a little rubber pipe

I can say though that I am an expert on the vacuum,EGR setup now after a 3 week self taught crash course

Remember "If it aint broke fix it until it is"

Comment

Working...
                                X