!! WTF they trippled my truck insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! WTF they trippled my truck insurance

Just had my renewal through from A-Plan £961 with same company and the best they could find was £698 last year it was £300 they normally have done me proud but this is unreal with excess going from £100 to £350.....

I am 40 with a clean licence and 9yrs no claims anyone just renewed for a sensible price

Thanks

Mark

Mines always high regardless where I get quotes, tried loads, 700-1000, 55yo license since 76, no endorsements or tickets for nowt, haven't even had a speeding fine since 87 but live in a bad area for insurance, in fact its pretty bad for everything but I was born here and can't be ar$ed moving anymore. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
      Mines always high regardless where I get quotes, tried loads, 700-1000, 55yo license since 76, no endorsements or tickets for nowt, haven't even had a speeding fine since 87 but live in a bad area for insurance, in fact its pretty bad for everything but I was born here and can't be ar$ed moving anymore. H
      That's a bugger but I have always had the price dropped over the years now they want 3 times as much as last year.

Adrian Flux have come in at £495 but I still think thats way too high..... any other companies anyone used latley to get a good quote

Thanks
      Mark

Comment

Sureterm direct
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got a £150 rise in mine so hunted around, then out of curiosity went back to original only to find details where incorrect, they gave me 12 months for 10, discount for knowing this site and as i cancelled my existing i got new policy discount as well. Also when i added mrs on the policy and that knocked even more off (she's a tad older) That's with aviva and its about £270 fully comp. I'm 44 with 15 years plus no claims. We live out of townish so that may effect the premium.
          Remember arrows are silent.....................
          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Went from £290 two years ago to £330 last year and up to £420 this year. Always through A plan, 30 3 years no claims no tickets or convictions in past 5 years.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

try

http://www.barrygraingerinsurance.co.uk/

were always cheap for me until i got a traders policy

i'm insured for £2m public,can insure 200cars,covered on any car,have workshop/tools/customer car cover and thats only £1200

Comment

I forget who I'm with now and the paper work isn't to hand, but I declared the 6 inch lift and 33s, came in at 200 and something. I just searched online and found a comparison site that deal with modified vehicles.

Comment

im with direct line last year my insurance was just over £400 mark with fully comp and protected no claims, i must admit it did drop a lot from moving from hull to driffield but then if you fart in driff its in the local paper the next day however direct lines quote went to nearly £600 this year when i spoke to them they said cancel my policy and reaply online to get it discounted again hmmmmmm i did and my quote came down around the £500 mark this year but why go through that hassle cancelling policies and reaplying online to get the discount you should of got in the first place how does this work?????? im sure your quote should go down each year if you havent claimed particulary sticking with the same company for years on end
                  UBIQUE

Comment

sureterm

was 27 at the time i started the policy,
                    fully comprehensive
                    8000 miles limited discount
                    use of other cars allowed
                    all mods disclosed and it cost me 480

Comment

I'm with Tesco insurance,think i'm about £300 for the 3rd gen,35,driveway,9 years NCB.

Might be worth doing the on line quote if you have 5 mins.
                      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Funny how different folk get such different quotes from the same insurers. I tried Tesco and it was over £600, spent the best part of two days looking for insurance. I live in a fairly low crime area, car parked on private land (a farm) and am limited to 12,000 a year.

Ben

Comment

If you have one, add your spouse as a named driver, even if they won't drive it, doing so always reduces my premium.

Comment

Hi. I spent 2 frustrating days about 2 months ago trying to get a reasonable quote. Most of the insurance industry is a racket nowadays. The problem and this is widespread beyond just insurance, stems from the rise of computer data systems now used by all and sundry. In the old days, each company HQ would get a paper update once a week or month on their competitors prices/policies. So as in our "free market economy" (yehaay), the company would try to compete competitively and to make a profit. Now once computers came on board, it took a decade for all the industries networks to become cross referenced. Once it got to this stage, each company could see every other competitors prices, at any time! It would soon become apparant in this industry and many others, that as the prices across the board slowly moved towards being very similar, day by day, that as one industry leader decided to make a small increase in their prices, then other big boys would follow suit and then so would all the rest. It would seem that if all their prices were in the same ball park, then no one was a loser or would gain significantly in the short term to the detriment of the others! Everyone with a vehicle had to pay insurance after all, like most people have to pay for utilities (sound familier) Now if it would get to the stage (like maybe the last few years) that this market model was able to significantly hike the prices - and everyone would automatically follow suit, then what big fat profits to be made for all concerned - at our expense!! Did you know that the insurance industry has it's profit figures released in the national press once per year and the guys who manage these firms are taking mega bonuses like the bankers. Many hundreds of thousands and some even over a mill + that dosn't include their exceedingly generous wages and extra add ons, etc, etc. These are the same people running the companies that we ring and who tell us that it is the rise in uninsured drivers and accident health claims that are the reason for US, having to pay MORE - year on year... Also that, "that is just how it is"
                            Any way, a few useful points :- After all my searching,
                            1) I found Money Supermarket . Com to be considerably cheaper than the other market search sites. Why is that I wondered? I was under the impression these alternative - much TV advertised sites were only doing us a favour and saving us money or at least surely they would only be taking a small commission. ?? Obviously not! Hundreds of pounds difference quotes with the same insurance company.
                            2) Sureterm Direct by far the cheapest (for me) and good cover too. I then rang them direct for a new quote, thinking that should be cheaper, but oh no, I got the usual market quote of about £700, but through the .Com site I mentioned earlier, it was about £500. So Follow the link and record the quote number. Play around with the adjustables.. for price tweaking.
                            3) Insuring TPFT dosn't seem to be the norm any more, because 3rd Party F&T quite often costs more nowadays, but with Sureterm that brought it down to about £350. It's an old truck and I don't really need Fully Comp.
                            4) Roughtrax advertise on their site that if you mention them to the Sureterm phone advisor (which you will prob end up speaking to & option not available in the original online quote) you will get a % discount. *** The advisor was not having any of this and told me it was already max discounted.*** I was not happy and stuck to my guns.. Rang Roughtrax who were v.interested to learn of my experience and would look into it. Waited a bit then rang Sureterm back and asked for manager and explained their marketing obligations to him - No probs - Discount now acceptable = £300. **Don't forget to remember the sponsor of the discount when shopping for your truck!

5) Don't let the insurance leeches suck your lifeblood dry. Be as ruthless and cunning as them. LOL, merry Xmas anyway. Hope this has been of some help..

Extra note :- Found out tonight, my mate did the money supermarket site like I told him for his 4.0LPG Jeep after finding his renewal through the stratosphere and likewise, he found it much cheaper, like I said earlier. He ended up with Endsleigh Insurance at approx £45 monthly. Before this, he had tried the usual online searches and couldn't get it below about £700 and so was thinking of selling the Jeep on.

Is £700 the magic figure that we are all supposed to be able to afford to pay to the government/law backed financial industry called Insurance companies or agents if we scrape our piggy banks dry - So that we can traverse the nations roads in our wheeled carriages? £700- sounds good to me, I mean, why should we have an spare pennies left in our annual budget if some nice fat insurance man can have it in his bank instead?

Maybe I've just got a bee in my bonnet about this... lol
                            Last edited by timelord; 25 December 2010, 03:32. Reason: can't see text

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                              Just had my renewal through from A-Plan £961 with same company and the best they could find was £698 last year it was £300 they normally have done me proud but this is unreal with excess going from £100 to £350.....

I am 40 with a clean licence and 9yrs no claims anyone just renewed for a sensible price

Thanks

Mark
                              i got a quote off one broker for A plan insurance, twas in the £900 region so i looked around think it was money supermarket that put me onto another broker who gave me a quote from A plan again this time it was £350. thats for a 3 litre turbo diesel, fully comp, guess what one i went for
                              http://www.moneysupermarket.com/
                              schrodingers cat

Comment

Working...
                              X