First Damage!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Damage!!!

One of our local farmers decided that a nice block of concrete would be a good way of stopping flytipping in field entrances - it's too low down to see when you're reversing - so of course I hit it!!

Result is that the tail pipe is now nicely folded at a right angle.

Popped into see my mechanic friend on the way home and he says I'm lucky (Yeahh???) that the impact hasn't damaged more than the rear part of the tail pipe.

So a new tail pipe is on the way from Milners and my baby is booked in for treatment on Friday.

If all goes well, by Saturday she should be fully recovered and ready for anything again. :
    Last edited by Linda; 10 October 2003, 23:39.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Originally posted by Linda
    One of our local farmers decided that a nice block of concrete would be a good way of stopping flytipping in field entrances - it's too low down to see when you're reversing - so of course I hit it!!

Popped into see my mechanic friend on the way home and he says I'm lucky (Yeahh???) that the impact hasn't damaged more than the rear part of the tail pipe.

So a new tail pipe is on the way from Milners and my baby is booked in for treatment on Friday.

If all goes well, by Saturday she should be fully recovered and ready for anything again. :
    Should be fixed just in time to bend it again at Devils pit, should have ordered two.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

As long as that's all I bend!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Should be fixed just in time to bend it again at Devils pit, should have ordered two.
        Just cut off the bent bit then it wont get bent again and the fumes wont come in when you is surfin in the summer with the rear window down. saves money too.

sumo.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          Just cut off the bent bit then it wont get bent again and the fumes wont come in when you is surfin in the summer with the rear window down. saves money too.

sumo.
          should have just welded a piece of pipe back on to the rear box
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Well, If I had the machinary to weld with, and wasn't scared of burning the house down, I might have tried it, and if I cut it off I would have to fit a new bracket below the cut to to hold it up,... Loads of potential to cause even more damage there!!

So, being a girlie, I thought I'd just let the garage fix it for me!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Well, If I had the machinary to weld with, and wasn't scared of burning the house down, I might have tried it, and if I cut it off I would have to fit a new bracket below the cut to to hold it up,... Loads of potential to cause even more damage there!!

So, being a girlie, I thought I'd just let the garage fix it for me!
              i meant the garage should have welded it back on for you, save you the expense of buying a new one
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I get your point - but to be honest I don't think it will make a lot of difference in price as the garage owner is my mate.....

Still it's good advice to be remembered for the future.
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I did that once, didn't half make my eyes water.
                  John
                  http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

I get your point - but to be honest I don't think it will make a lot of difference in price as the garage owner is my mate.....

Still it's good advice to be remembered for the future.
                    a rear tail pipe is £115+vat so i would imagine the price difference would be about £120
                    [size=5][/size]

Comment

I'll let you know when I get the bill.....
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

linda oh linda what have you done!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by sumo

sumo.
                          You will fail the next MOT if you do this. The rules state no fume emmisions under the car. The exhaust exit must be clear of the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                            You will fail the next MOT if you do this. The rules state no fume emmisions under the car. The exhaust exit must be clear of the vehicle.
                            The way it's bent at the moment it will still be clear of the car !!
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

How much for the new tailpipe Linda?