Spun on ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spun on ice

Spun my old 1990 2.4 on the ice a few days ago. Bumped a kerb and knocked the tyre off the rim. A right b.....d to change as it happened in a busy area and of course it was freezing cold. Several other cars lost control, and one gently bumped me just as i had lowered the truck to the road. Now seem to have a clunk on braking, will check it tomorrow,hopefully it will be something simple. Have searched and found plenty of info,so fingers crossed. Not looking forward to it though ###### freezing along the towpath where i have a mooring.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Spun my old 1990 2.4 on the ice a few days ago. Bumped a kerb and knocked the tyre off the rim. A right b.....d to change as it happened in a busy area and of course it was freezing cold. Several other cars lost control, and one gently bumped me just as i had lowered the truck to the road. Now seem to have a clunk on braking, will check it tomorrow,hopefully it will be something simple. Have searched and found plenty of info,so fingers crossed. Not looking forward to it though ###### freezing along the towpath where i have a mooring.
    Bummer! Hope the clunk is nothing too serious.

There's quite a force applied when you slide sideways into a kirb, mate bent his A arm on his car the other day doing the same.

Comment

The dreaded clunk seems to have been nothing more than a loose jack. Just goes to prove,check the obvious first. I checked underneath and all seems ok.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Spun my old 1990 2.4 on the ice a few days ago.... ###### freezing along the towpath where i have a mooring.
        Try not driving down the canal then!

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
        X