6mm wheel spacers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    Just found something I never knew existed. Wheel nuts with a sleeve that extends the thread onto the stud.

Maybe the 6mm spacers are an option after all ? (look a bit like the standard alloy nuts)
    I would be uber careful measuring these, if the bottom of the nut hits the hub before the wheel is properly tightened up you will break studs or bugger the holes in the wheels as the wheel will float round.

You should be able to run 6mm spacers with most wheels and nuts, popular guidelines is 6-7 full turns of the nut before it goes tight.

Spacers with there own studs in are fine, its easy to over tighten the nuts (especially if the've been over tightened in the past) when you fit the spacers, or fit the wheels to the spacers, this is when the studs break.

Extended studs are to be avoided, the leverage on the stud when its that long is to much, especially if you got big heavy wheels and if they flex at all (which they do) they will break in time.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      No
      Yes
      The spacer studs
      Yes
      Don't know.

A user of this forum had the failure.

Good answer

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        I would be uber careful measuring these, if the bottom of the nut hits the hub before the wheel is properly tightened up you will break studs or bugger the holes in the wheels as the wheel will float round.
        As long as the sleeve is just under 6mm all should be ok I'd think.

I have just received a Mitsi L200 rear stud to replace the one in my 30mm spacers. Only needs a tiny bit of work to make fit. (one stud stripped the hole it was pressed into)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wishbone; 26 January 2011, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
          i have launched my surf from a hill or more like my son did , the persons who were watching said we were more at less at right angles, the spacers held up but the o/s drive shaft cracked the diff housing,noprobs with the solid spacers

Yeah I've seen your boy driving - fearless!

Comment

Working...
          X