Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickA View Post
    Another BMW driver with a lack of brains lol

If I had a RWD car and only had two chains I'd want them on the front. Getting going may be harder or even impossible depending on conditions but there is no point in being able to drive off if you have no grip on the other end, you'd want to at least steer rather than slide off the road.

And why do all these morons who are sliding in the videos have their foot on the brakes, even without chains if the wheel are rolling there is at least a chance of being able to steer.

Some folk shouldn't be allowed out without supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      What a cock
      think he heard you...

This video has been removed by the user.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
        If I had a RWD car and only had two chains I'd want them on the front. Getting going may be harder or even impossible depending on conditions but there is no point in being able to drive off if you have no grip on the other end, you'd want to at least steer rather than slide off the road.

And why do all these morons who are sliding in the videos have their foot on the brakes, even without chains if the wheel are rolling there is at least a chance of being able to steer.

Some folk shouldn't be allowed out without supervision.
        The instructions that come with the snow chains tell you to put them on the drive wheels. As has been pointed out on another (couple) of forums I visit where this picture is doing the rounds, the truckers in North America and Canada put their chains on the driven wheels not the steered wheels, and I tend to think they know more about this than I do.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          The instructions that come with the snow chains tell you to put them on the drive wheels. As has been pointed out on another (couple) of forums I visit where this picture is doing the rounds, the truckers in North America and Canada put their chains on the driven wheels not the steered wheels, and I tend to think they know more about this than I do.
          Because the truckers suffer from lack of traction not the inability to steer, although on a car I fit four anyway.

Comment

Smell that? You smell that?
            Lance: What?
            Kilgore: burning clutch plate, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
            [kneels]
            Kilgore: I love the smell of clutch in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill covered in snow, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one 2 wheel drive car. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like
            [sniffing, pondering]
            Kilgore: victory. Someday this winters gonna end...
            [suddenly walks off]

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
              Smell that? You smell that?
              Lance: What?
              Kilgore: burning clutch plate, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
              [kneels]
              Kilgore: I love the smell of clutch in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill covered in snow, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one 2 wheel drive car. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like
              [sniffing, pondering]
              Kilgore: victory. Someday this winters gonna end...
              [suddenly walks off]
              Very good!

Comment

Working...
              X