BBC News Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC News Channel

The Beeb are really losing all credibility these days. BBC News should be called 'BBC ARRRGGHH WERE ALL DOOOOOMED!!!!!'

'Frozen Britain' - 'Arctic Blast' - 'Ice Locked Britain' etc etc.

All said or on the banner on screen while the newscaster stands in light snow with 2" or so standing and traffic moving along happily behind her.

I'd like to see all of those sensational soundbites replaced with a more accurate one. How about the word 'Winter'?

Europe / USA / Canada must p1ss their pants if they watch BBC News Channel...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

We are about to go out shopping, how extreme are we

We have had more snow than normal, however, most up here are used to 4 seasons in one day. The snow makes a nice change from the rain.
    Brian

Comment

Vicki's travelling back from Liverpool today. She's just stopped at Burtonwood services to defrost her screen wash. Apparently the roads are fine. Not ice-locked, arctic-blasted, or frozen.

And all this in an old FWD Polo... Hardcore my missus!

Comment

We must be crazy, i even made it to work 'every single day' and even managed to get shopping as normal, I did however turn the heating up a wee bit.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I'm going for a walk on the hills - up to about 1000ft - when I've finished my cup of tea. Feck, I must be suicidal!!!

Mind you, there'll probably be police stopping me once I get beyond 10ft or so. Its for my own safety I suppose...

Comment

We've just had an inch...isn't there a govt quango meeting right now to discuss it...on £900 a day.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I dont think you're far wrong Gra...

Cost of 'snow proofing' Britain - £1.7 billion

Cost per day to Britain's industry of not doing the above - £600 million.

Not rocket science is it?

Comment

Going to take the dog for a walk. I may be some time

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-sider View Post
                  Going to take the dog for a walk. I may be some time
                  Steady on, Oates...

Comment

I wear shorts all year round... I did go out and buy some combat trousers when we were in the minus temperatures 2 weeks ago.. Wore them for a week now got the shorts on again now its more mild!! It doesn't get too bad in cornwall but I can't stand jeans.. They are heavy and restrictive! I do wear a coat and scarf though as I'm not a nutcase lol. Britain does need to sort out its admin. All the plonkers on the road that don't need to be are just after a drama story to tell their friends, either "don't see what the fuss is, I got through it fine" or the " you'll never guess what happened? I couldn't have predicted that when I commenced a 10 mile journey in the snow to help panic but at the supermarket" all we can do is shake our heads and feel a little smug for owning 4x4's

Comment

youm in helston though

alreet, but, tis tropical down there, bay...... ah reckon youm pretty normal.
                      <pasty speak off>
                      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
                        alreet, but, tis tropical down there, bay...... ah reckon youm pretty normal.
                        <pasty speak off>
                        Na, its not normal... Normal is grey and drizzly with plenty of wind, Mainly just keep getting ice because of the low temps but nothing my truck can't handle!! Don't really get why you think I'm a rasta though??? Do explain?

Comment

Well, Vicki got home OK. Took her five hours. Her screenwash jets kept freezing up so she stopped at many services to defrost them.

At one point, in a services carpark that hadn't been treated, she was slipping around trying to defrost the little bu99ers, whist parked right in front of her was a Police Rangerover, complete with a couple of plod sitting watching her struggling whilst drinking their tea.

Thanks lads! Nice to see the British bobby is up for helping out and improving the police's fairly ordinary reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Well, Vicki got home OK. Took her five hours. Her screenwash jets kept freezing up so she stopped at many services to defrost them.

At one point, in a services carpark that hadn't been treated, she was slipping around trying to defrost the little bu99ers, whist parked right in front of her was a Police Rangerover, complete with a couple of plod sitting watching her struggling whilst drinking their tea.

Thanks lads! Nice to see the British bobby is up for helping out and improving the police's fairly ordinary reputation.

Too much paperwork for them to do anything. Besides, by then she probably didn't look very approachable.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Too much paperwork for them to do anything. Besides, by then she probably didn't look very approachable.
                              I wouldn't mind betting that if she'd left the washers alone and driven off with a dirty screen they would have bothered their fat ar5es to drop 3 points and a £60 fine on her though...

Comment

Working...
                              X