Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchup Paint reqd

Hi All,

Went to my local Toyota dealers today to aquire a touchup paint for my beloved surf.
    On taking all the relevant chassis numbers, colur code etc from my vehicle the dealer said that they cannot get touchup paint for this vehicle as it is an import.
    Does anyone know where i can get hold of a touchup paint from and what sort of price i am looking at.
    Just want to cover a few stone chips, dont want to have to respray the whole vehicle just for these.

There must be somewhere to get these.
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Originally posted by cooperman
    Hi All,

Went to my local Toyota dealers today to aquire a touchup paint for my beloved surf.
    On taking all the relevant chassis numbers, colur code etc from my vehicle the dealer said that they cannot get touchup paint for this vehicle as it is an import.
    Does anyone know where i can get hold of a touchup paint from and what sort of price i am looking at.
    Just want to cover a few stone chips, dont want to have to respray the whole vehicle just for these.

Go to a decent paint dealer wih the paint code off the VIN plate. They will decode it for you provide the paint. Got mine from Eurocolor in Hemel Hempstead.

Alternatively tell me what the code is and I'll go down and ask them what colour it is.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i will have to see if i can find a decent paint dealer in my area of Essex and see what they can do.
      I think the colour code is 24T (Dark/Wine Red), but not quite sure till i have another look at the vin plate under the bonnet.
      1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Hi All,

Sounds like they are talking bol****s!

Most of, if not all ,the surf paint range was at some time used on a UK spec car or commercial!

Milner 4x4 do aerosol cans!
        www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
          Sounds like they are talking bol****s!

Most of, if not all ,the surf paint range was at some time used on a UK spec car or commercial!

Milner 4x4 do aerosol cans!
          Milners sent the wrong colour even though the code was right on the tin.
          Go to an automotive paint shop & get them to match it with the toyota samples they will then do a mix, ask for touchup paint & an aerosol
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

also a body shop will have shade variations so they can check against their sample book and make you up a colour which exactly matches your shade accounting for fade etc.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i will have to see if i can find a decent paint dealer in my area of Essex and see what they can do.
              I think the colour code is 24T (Dark/Wine Red), but not quite sure till i have another look at the vin plate under the bonnet.
              The problem for you average numbnuts at a Toyota dealer is that they won't realise that the 24T paint code is actually a combination color code made up of 2 different codes (one for the Dark wine and the other for the grey - actually metallic dark silver I think they call it).

My Blue over silver is paint code 23W which is actuall a combination code for 8E3 (Metallic dark blue) and 147 (metallic light silver).

That's why you need a decent paint shop to look at it. They will look the code up in their PPG book and come up with the right codes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                The problem for you average numbnuts at a Toyota dealer is that they won't realise that the 24T paint code is actually a combination color code made up of 2 different codes (one for the Dark wine and the other for the grey - actually metallic dark silver I think they call it).

My Blue over silver is paint code 23W which is actuall a combination code for 8E3 (Metallic dark blue) and 147 (metallic light silver).

That's why you need a decent paint shop to look at it. They will look the code up in their PPG book and come up with the right codes.

Cheers
                Toyota dealers have the same info as any paint shop, my guess is It's the old excuse If they cant be ars** to look up the information!
                'Sorry sir It's an import'
                Even the sales staff have acsess to this information, so why the parts dept cant fathom It out beats me!
                www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

With the number of Surf's in the country (I see more every day) you would think the dealers would be receptive to our needs and cash in on the possible extra revenue from parts etc... (If reasonably priced of course!)

What would happen if the parts needed were only available from a main dealer ?

Luckily my local Toyo dealer was receptive to my recent needs.
                  I would send a quick letter to Toyota Customer Relations UK expressing your disgust at their after sales ?? Got to be worth 26p

Or even via e-mail: customer.relations @ tgb.toyota.co.uk

(Spaces either side of the @ to confuse harvesters)
                  Ian
                  One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                  X