newbie help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie help

hi all,im new to this site and having just purchased my first surf im in need of some advice....ive had 3 hilux 2.4 diesil monster pickups in the past but this is my first surf...ive landed on a 1990 2.4 turbo diesil with quite a lot of mods done to her.im just terrified ive made a mistake buying it as all i keep hearing is the head will crack.can someone put my mind at ease..are they that bad that the heads keep cracking?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tornado666; 14 December 2010, 20:17.

come on ppl put my mind at rest,are they the same engine that were in my pickups(without the turbo)?

Comment

To be fair its definatly possible that the head could go but do you have any service history because it may have already been done?

Comment

Well... they do have a history but I guess its pot luck, the head on my 3 liter went.
        I'm sure there are plenty of 2.4's out there with their original head.
        I take it you checked through its history and its never had a head job..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Heads on 20 year old cars crack. If it's not cracked now and you keep the cooling system in good condition, there's no reason why it should spontaneously crack. They are weak, but it's overheating that gets them. Just don't overheat it and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X