Milage Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milage

Hi if you dont already know l import direct from japan and you can be 99% sure what kms you see on the japanese log book is accurate. When registering the vehicle here in the UK l have to send in my purchase invoice and the japanese log book which both have the milage on, if your vhicle is over 3 years old it will need an MOT which has the milage on as well, so it would be very easy for swansea to see the difference, but nothing seems to happen and some dealers who l will not mention get away with clocking just by putting the "milage disclaimer" sticker on.
    Sorry if l have gone on alot but these "CLOCKERS" are makeing it hard for the genuine dealers to make a living.

PS insist on seeing the jap log book they are sent back to the person who registers the vehicle its a sure way of checking the milage.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Its Funny How All The Low Mileage Surfs Dont Have Any Jap History, But All The High Mileage Ones Do !!!!!!!

Comment

Mine had allgedly been serviced before I bought it. It's funny how six or more services later i still havent taken an air filter out that was as dirty as the one that was in it when I got it! The oil hasn't been as sludgy either. Interesting?

Now the truck is in my caring hands I know it is being looked after properly. You know the old saying. If you want to be sure a job is done properly. Do it yourself.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

If you want to be sure a job is done properly. Do it yourself.
          Couldn’t agree more, when you buy a surf, service it and look after it. its the only way to get peace of mind.

My surf is on about 222Km but it looks and drives like it has half of that. I was nearly put off buying it when i saw the mileage, but the test drive made me think again. The dealer I bought it from used my surf to tow his non road legal jeep off roader to meets, and looked after it, and it shows.

Remember its a Toyota not a Alpha, remember the Top Gear test?
          Johnny

Comment

Come on guys - stop sounding so hurt.

The time to do a mileage check is BEFORE you by the vehicle - if its important to you. You didnt care when you bought it - or your heart didn't - so why care now?

Cheers

Kev

BTW - I didn't check either .....

Comment

Mileage Check

In simple legal terms if, at the time of purchase, you asked the dealer if the mileage is genuine and he said yes then he is commited an offence under the trade descriptions act. If you didn't ask then he has no obligation to tell you and it may be a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware). However if he say's he has "lost the documentation" I would be suspicious immediately. If you are really troubled by this have a word with your local Trading Standards office. As Hilux Bob say's it is about time rogue dealers were stopped.
              When I bought my Surf I was given a copy of the the VOSA Type Approval Certificate and the original MOT Test Certificate which stated the mileage at time of import.
              Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X