No announcement yet.

heater got me stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you say, Neil, if the inlet is hot and the outlet is cold, the heat is going somewhere. If it's flowing freely, it's unlikely to be blocked. It could be that there's crap in there that's heating up, but it would get hot pretty quickly and then the outlet would be hot too.

Not sure how it works on a turd gen, but are you able to somehow run it with the matrix exposed to see how hot it actually gets? I'm thinking it might be something like a gap in the heater ducts and it's pushing hot air somewhere other than out of the vents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      As you say, Neil, if the inlet is hot and the outlet is cold, the heat is going somewhere. If it's flowing freely, it's unlikely to be blocked. It could be that there's crap in there that's heating up, but it would get hot pretty quickly and then the outlet would be hot too.

Not sure how it works on a turd gen, but are you able to somehow run it with the matrix exposed to see how hot it actually gets? I'm thinking it might be something like a gap in the heater ducts and it's pushing hot air somewhere other than out of the vents.
      can't run it expose as it's behind the dash. have had another go today. reflushed it back and forth. didn't see any crap come out. but i did flushed in the dark last night so may have all come out then lol. got rid of rear heater matrix. didn't think it had one but is under drivers seat. bridge the pipe. ran kettle water through the matix to make sure hot water was coming out, as before there was only cold. burped cooling system and now i got hotter air.which will do for me lol.

and now i found i got another job to do, CV gater has just gone

Comment

Result then
        What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          you ain't even close the head is fine try again wikiboy
          Just noticed your reply to me on your heater thread. I think you missed my point. I stated that your symptoms were typical of a blocked matrix. I said flushing a matrix that is already partially blocked will have very limited results. I compared the blocking of the matrix to what happens when a radiator blocks. I never suggested your truck overheats. The

"whooosh"

"Head"

comment was my inept way of saying that I thought my point had gone over your head! It clearly did. Twice.
          It did not suggest your truck had a head failure problem. I already said I think your matrix is partially blocked. I tried to send this as a PM as I did not feel it worthwhile to revive a dead thread but your subscription is out.
          I don't search Wiki for answers when I post. If I have previous experience of a fault I post what I hope will be useful. If the OP chooses to ignore me, or come back with some sarcastic comment, that's fine too.

Comment

Working...
          X