Recycling oil cans.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling oil cans.......

Ok so who knows the ins and outs about recycling ?
    How many people change thier own oil and therefore have empty oil containers, wtf do you do with them ?
    I drain the old oil into a catch pan thingy which i know i can take to the tip and empty into the large bunded container they have there.
    The oil came in containers marked as recylclable but does this mean we can just chuck them in the recycling wheelie bins ?

If you are bored, you try finding the answer cus i can't.......
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

seen people emptying their old oil into a container at the recycling , then disposing of the empty bottle in the plastics...I would just ask the guys at the recycling what do do with the container....they are always helpful

Comment

Well I do my own servicing, and bring my oil to local civic amenities and they just keep oil cans and all.

Comment

Always do me own servicing just peeved that they all rave on about recycling yet not one local government website for round our way states exactly what to do with your empty oil cans. I know exactly what tins i can put in or which colour cling film or what size fairy liquid bottle i can stick in me bin. If halfrauds and alike sell all these containers of oil why hasn't the question been asked before and posted somewhere on the global government internet freekin highway website.........

Take it to the tip and the pikey just tells you to chuck it in the non recyclable skip to be buried......

Ranttityrantrant...... oooow look beans on toast.......
        Remember arrows are silent.....................
        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Our local tip / recycling center has a green wheelie bin next to the waste oil skip for the empty containers.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.rosco View Post
            Our local tip / recycling center has a green wheelie bin next to the waste oil skip for the empty containers.
            same round here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.rosco View Post
              Originally posted by lawsy View Post
              same round here
              Here also.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I just keep my 25.0l JCB drum and re use it. Now I buy mine in a box, the plastic bag goes in the non recycleable and the box goe in recyle. My surf love JCB oil and it's cheap. If it runs those ruddy great 4x4 tractors it'll do my baby ok!
                Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

My local amenity site has oil container. Again the guys are really helpfull and if there isn't a bin for it they tell you to put it in a certain spot and they deal with I'll later. I've even taken alloy wheels and tyres. Cheers

Comment

We also have a green bin for used oil cans next to the waste oil skip at the recycling centre.
                    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X