Can anyone tell me the reason.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Underneath means you can drive around better with the tailgate open if you have long stuff to transport.

thats the bit that annoys me the most

so much so that i've thought about changing it.. is it possible??
    Last edited by lawsy; 6 December 2010, 17:18. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Personally I think the back of the underslung spare Surf looks plain and a bit weedy, whilst the rear hung one looks a lot meatier. Also, mine has protected the back of my car in two slight accident, both when I backed into something. Lots of damage, even at very slow speed, to hit vehicles but not a scratch on mine.
      Mike G

Comment

i have the back hung spare its saved me a few times from smashing my window on trees
        but my back bumper is bent because i have not got an under slung spare and i off road and the surfs got a realy fat ar3s and has a result i have bent my bumper to death
        best is to have both
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

just changing tack ever soo slightly has anyone used the space the spare underslung wheel housing leaves..?
          I have a few ideas but am unsure how far into the rear boot space the wheel housing is
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

If you have the underslung one, what is the larges wheel/tyre it will hold and if you have a body lift, can you still use it?

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
              just changing tack ever soo slightly has anyone used the space the spare underslung wheel housing leaves..?
              I have a few ideas but am unsure how far into the rear boot space the wheel housing is
              I've been thinking about this. Cut out a square in the boot floor, and fab up a box between the chassis rails and use the floor out of my spare truck to make a lid, or I could use the cut out bit after making a lipped frame around it.

Would be a good bit of storage for things I carry but don't use all that often.

Comment

cheers for all feedback guys......to be honest i prefer the boot mounted one as said before looks more 4x4ish lol they both 2.4 autos, i stepping down or up depending which was you look at it from a 2.5 v6 vectra gsi so i not expecting mclaren f1 speed is there anything i need to look out for apart from the obvious head problems that the 2.4 seems to be riddled with?

Comment

Working...
                X