No announcement yet.

Aux Diesel Cab Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be interested too as I'm looking to spend a year away in the truck and a bit of lux would be good..... Interesting thread...
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Kenlowe Pre-heater

Hi, this is the Kenlowe engine pre-heater fitted to my 4runner (2nd gen).It pre-heats the engine so its at running temp giving instant hot air demisting and heat to the interior.Its very effective and been a godsend these last two weeks! This system requires a mains supply to run.
      Regards,
      pete.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by colour10 View Post
        . . . The system uses fuel from the Surfs tank . . . Any advice on this would be great . . .
        Plumb in and run it off a second tank, red diesel, if you're paying pump prices for your fuel you won't want to be burning it to keep your ar5e warm.

Comment

Eberspacher D2 Airtronics

Sorry for the delay in reply peeps.
          Mods, this is not a sales pitch, simply some info - I trust this is ok.

The units are not rocket science to fit. The installation instructions are, as you might imagine from a German company, pretty comprehensive & well within the scope of DIY. If anyone buys one, from whatever source, & does a DIY install, I'm more than happy to advise on any queries.
          Suppliers are plentiful - Eberspacher have a UK wide dealer network for both commercial vehicle & marine.
          Be careful with internet suppliers, there are 'grey' importers who will undercut the UK dealers - consider the warranty implications. The units are reliable, but if you purchase from, say Turkey, and the unit has a warranty issue, you will need to return it to the country of purchase for repair.
          There are a few used units available from places such as flea-bay. Don't purchase s/h without seeing the unit demo'd. An abused unit with a faulty combustion chamber for instance, is very expensive - almost beyond economic - to repair.
          Prices: RRP is £946. Flea-bay Turkish supplier £662 ish, UK dealers are selling from between £675 & £800. I'm pitched in the middle @ £735.
          If anyone has any detailed questions, please feel free to mail me.
          Dave
          Last edited by DaveHMS; 7 December 2010, 02:35. Reason: missing

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
            i had to put out on our shared drive. That when they sold it.
            Dirty Boy!

Originally posted by red_barron
            Hi, this is the Kenlowe engine pre-heater fitted to my 4runner (2nd gen).It pre-heats the engine so its at running temp giving instant hot air demisting and heat to the interior.Its very effective and been a godsend these last two weeks! This system requires a mains supply to run.
            Regards,
            pete.
            What does this preheat exactly? Engine oil? Engine coolant? I cant see how it works

Cheers
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

We used to fit Eberspacher's at the coachbuilders i worked for, on a batch of airport buses, they keep the coolant up to temp so the passenger area kept warm without haveing to run the engine, wish i'd "perloined" a few now looking at the price of em, i'll stick to keeping the truck in the garage at night
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Dirty Boy!

What does this preheat exactly? Engine oil? Engine coolant? I cant see how it works

Cheers
                Hi, it heats the coolant! Check this out. www.kenlowe.com/pre-heaters/cars/whatwill.html

Comment

Firstly, thank you to everyone for getting involved and helping me out by sharing ideas and experiences with these Diesel heaters - I've been looking at videos on youtube and goggling these things all day. I've found some used units on ebay and a few new ones too like this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WEBASTO-AI...#ht_3400wt_907

I might contact our fellow expert here and see if he can source and fit one to my surf?

I've also looked at fitting other items to make the surf a viable sleep in vehicle for touring around Europe, like a top-box for storage and other ideas. I was looking at getting a Mazda Bongo camper but I just can't part company with my surf as I simply love it too much.

As I live in London, I don't have anywhere to put a trailer so I have been looking at ways to convert the surf for camping to justify having such a big vehicle for where I live.

Thanks again for all your feedback and any other ideas for making the surf a practical weekend away style vehicle would be greatly helpful.

Cheers...

Bud
                  I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

Comment

Night Heaters

Hi

I fit Eberspacher D2 night heaters into our work vans as standard.
                    They can be run on a timer or over ride for 24/7 use.

In the springtime, we use a timer to warm the vans up 30mins prior to starting in the morning and again at 5pm to come home.

In these cold winter months we set them on over ride and turn stats down to low so they heat 24/7.

I advise wiring off aux batt so that if it does go flat you can still start your truck. Also I do not put diesel feed into mainfuel tank. Buy yourself a marine boat fuel can 20L with clip on flexi attachment and fuel primer. Hook that upto your fuel pump for the heater.

Now you can run on red diesel which at pressent wwe consume £13 worth of red diesel every 5/6 weeks whilst on over ride,

Fitting fuel lines in deep tanks like lorries are great, but surfs and vans with shallow tanks will leave you getting air in your lining and you will spend hours and hours bleeding it back through which will result in burning out the glow pin and damaging the fuel pump.

I paid a local firm £2000 to supply and install my first one. After seeing the butchuring installation I decided I would fit all further ones my self.

I would suggest £750 - £800 will supply and fit (if you do yourself) everything listed above..

Its alot to layout, but once you have one you will never live without one :-)

If you would like ay further help please do not hesitate to get in touch.

All the best, Sparky

Comment

Working...
                    X