Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine recomendation

evenin all

the in-laws every year for xmas buy me a magazine subscription (no 'adult' mags allowed)

this year i've been thinking for a change i'll have a 4x4 - off road etc magazine

as i'm still a relative newbie to the whole 4x4 life/scene etc i have no idea which are the best reads....

So can i ask, what do you all read - what do you think is the best one for a years subscription

(and playboy etc dont count - its from the mother in law)

cheers

Total Off Road
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Landrover weekly.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        Landrover weekly.
        beat me to it

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Out of a pretty poor bunch, TOR probably gets my vote too, despite their increasing bias towards LRs, and increasing pages devoted to tyre adverts and competition results.

Practical Classic - far more entertaining.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Out of a pretty poor bunch, TOR probably gets my vote too, despite their increasing bias towards LRs, and increasing pages devoted to tyre adverts and competition results.

Octane's good if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

for the last 3 years i've had retro cars, but they are featuring far too many non uk cars and copying stories from us mags etc - gets a little boring as the story content isnt as good

Comment

Binned my TOR Sub for the never ending stream of advert pages.

Trouble with Practical Classic is it makes to much sense. The space in the workshop will be cleared of Surf, to allow the MK1 in before you know it.
                Brian

Comment

Agree with you on that. Stopped my subs to TOR about 2 yrs ago.

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

The OP was pretty specific about the genre he was interested in, which is why I mentioned TOR. As said, it's the least biased of the available magazines. I used to buy it every month, but now only cherry pick it for relevant articles.

If we're diversifying, the only magazine I buy regularly is 'Stationary Engine'
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

CRAWL magazine...... if you like your rock crawling and racing ststeside

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CRAWL-...e/299453208392

Alan
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

i guess its the same with every mag subs - they get worse over time as you notice more of the adverts than the articles

for a change from me (have read VW, retro, classic related mags for several years) i'm guessing that TOR would be the best bet

then i'll cherry pick from my usual ones for articles etc

with forums on pretty much everything - i still think you cant beat a stack of mags in the only room without apower point for a pc

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                          i guess its the same with every mag subs - they get worse over time as you notice more of the adverts than the articles

for a change from me (have read VW, retro, classic related mags for several years) i'm guessing that TOR would be the best bet

then i'll cherry pick from my usual ones for articles etc

with forums on pretty much everything - i still think you cant beat a stack of mags in the only room without apower point for a pc
                          That's why Laptops have batteries
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X