Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck

Snowing properly and the M1 28/29 is shut, so everyone comes off @ 27, which clogs the main road past our business park. The business park has about 10,000 people on it and two roads off it. Now is kicking out time...

The Surf laughed at the snow this morning, it's the traffic that's the problem. I could drive over them but they'd frown on that. And I can't drive through the forest surrounding our building.

I could walk home or ride the bike but the Mrs has told me not to. TBH, the mountain bike is a bit of a liability on these roads because you can't see the kerb under the snow. Trust me, I did it last year under similar circumstances and coming downhill at a lick, in the dark... [sphincter-tightening]

At least the coffee machine is free vend....
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

its that bad they shut the motorway..

I can never understand why they do that - everyone has to get somewhere..

Stupid... I suppose all you can do is sit it out for a while

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
      its that bad they shut the motorway..

I can never understand why they do that - everyone has to get somewhere..

Stupid... I suppose all you can do is sit it out for a while
      If you can safely go around them do so I would just like filtering on a bike people will not like it but so what

Comment

glad i got a workshop at the end of my road, 700 metres to get to my work

Comment

I waited until 7PM and tried it then. My normal 20 minute drive home took an hour. I had to turn back twice as sheet ice and resultant accidents had blocked routes a) and b) and ended up coming down the M1.

After previously squirming along the ice I took it easy, the adrenalin was coursing. In the time it took me to travel one junction, I saw two separate minis crunched into the hard shoulder at jaunty angles.

It was a 60 limit on the signs but you can bet fools were caning by me at 80. I didn't see the point, it felt quick enough to me.

Comment

And this morning, the site is closed until further notice - have been asked to work at another site, just down the road from me. 5 minute drive

Comment

Working...
            X