Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruised Battered, Gutted

But the Surf still lives !

Went out this afternoon, supposed to go to Gilberdyke near Goole, got to Howden but turned back, visibility down to 20 yards only one lane open on the M62 came all the way back down the A19 etc got to within 1 mile of home , hit black ice covered by newly fallen snow, jinked around a bit then skidded hard left hit a soft bank and was flipped a full 180 came to rest facing the way I had come at 45degrees in a dry ditch Yes I got that look from the wife totally un printable !!! anyway the insurance company quoted me 4 hours for recovery....Now the painfull bit, I was towed out of the ditch by a Landy he was going home after a pay and play at Frickley, apparently he was 3 hours late home because he had recovered three cars today ! He didn't give me any grief and no sarky remarks etc, anyway off to the garage tomorow may need a fog light and some plastic crumple zone stuff oh and a number plate
    going to have some Benromach for medicinal purposes
    Death rides a Black Horse

Glad that the pair of you are ok Hows the WIFE, I hate brown trouser moments at least your safe & sound. Hope my SURF is ok
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Glad to hear that you are ok and the damage is light.

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

at lest your fine john all is well
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

good your both ok, bet the pride is a little dented tho

Comment

Glad your both ok

I'v had my butt clenching moments on black ice..no damage just down to luck

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
              Glad that the pair of you are ok Hows the WIFE, I hate brown trouser moments at least your safe & sound. Hope my SURF is ok
              Hello Mark, I am sure The Surf will be immaculate after a brief stay at the garage !! I was surprised that the cosmetic stuff wasn't badly damaged if the bank hadn't been so soft I think it would have been another story, drove the mile back home very slowly, no wobble on the steering but have a bit of mossy wildlife garden in the front scoop, ache like mad now, Tina looks a bit bruised now, do you think she might sue me for whiplash ?

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                at lest your fine john all is well
                Thanks George, Vultch,Lawsy and Nick V blokefrom the Landy club just called , a kid has rolled his 59plate Golf (daddys car) same spot guess I was lucky !?

Comment

Good to hear you're both OK John. The truck is just metal and plastic at the end of the day.

Coming back from Shrewsbury today I went down some tiny lanes in search of bits of fallen tree (for the fire) and most hadn't seen sunlight so were frozen solid. Bit dodgy in some places, but grass banks both sides worked as 'guides'
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Glad your ok john, you should have called me, i'd have been with you within the hour.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Main thing is that you and Mrs. H are OK, the truck is secondary.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Glad your ok john, you should have called me, i'd have been with you within the hour.
                        Cheers Si, I wouldn't have expected you to come that far Mate, anyway I don't think I could have had all that urine extracted !!

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                          Cheers Si, I wouldn't have expected you to come that far Mate, anyway I don't think I could have had all that urine extracted !!
                          I know how it feels being stranded mate, hopefully you won't do it again in a hurry but if you do just ring.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks Mate that is much appreciated ! However I will try and be sensible from now on

Comment

Well what do you know! The Recovery firm have just rung to see if I have been recovered yet ?not bad seeing as I reported it at 15.15 hrs yesterday...must be busy ?

Comment

Working...
                              X