basic service??? any experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic service??? any experience!!

Thinking of putting mods on hold and giving my trucks motor a service! I have a friend who can get a chap at his garage to do a days work for £100! But how much can be done in a day (about 8 hrs I assume) the paperwork I have says it got a new head 4 years ago and its proving reliable. I am gonna remove the aircon as I already cut the belt off and will never use it. I would also like it to be up to the job of a trip like the landy rally!?! I was gonna get a belt kit from rough trax and see if I can get my valve clearences done, my breaks are fine and I can do oil/filter air filter myself and its had a fuel filter! It had all gearbox diff and transfer fluids last year... So any suggestions of service points a should considder and get it all done an once???? Any advice would be great!!! Oh and I think my fuel and break lines are a bit corroded so does anyone know if its an easy job??

atf,oil and filters,coolant,rad cap,thermostat,diff oils and all grease points can be done in less than a day
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Done stat only 6 months ago! Do the rad caps go often?? Might get him to do the oil cos he'll prob do it in an hour on a ramp!!

Comment

if the rad cap hasn't been changed in a while i would do it anyway
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How often should the valve clearances be done?

Oil & fliter change & grease everything takes very little time and can be done yourself, going to do coolant this weekend and change fuel filter, this should be a very quick job too as long as not jammed on like mine is. Fuel lines look easy enough to change but haven't done it myself. I would check the metal pipes that run under the drivers side to the rear heater if your brake & fuel pipes look corroded. Just had my heater pipes chaged, they were very close to death and would have probably resulted in a cooked head if they'd gone. Got done at a garage but would do myself next time. Replaced with 8mm Copper pipe, easily bent and cost £15 rather than ~£60 for Toyota replacement pipes. Not sure about brakes, would always get them done by someone who knows what they are doing!!

Cheers

Ben

Comment

If Tom's rangy makes the Landyrally I am sure a surf would ;-)
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
            X