yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of getting another Surf, what do we reckon this is worth fellas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting another Surf, what do we reckon this is worth fellas?

Guys,

As per the title, I'm thinking of adding to the fleet. I want a nice clean unmodified and well looked after truck (don't we all). Any opinions as to the value of the one on the link below would be welcome:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130458822932

The only thing putting me off is that its had a genuine Toyota head which I'm assuming will be the same design as the original?
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

tidy that is
    a gen head from toyota will be fine
    has far has i know (i maybe wrong) the head was sorted by toyota by 1996
    and the heads for the 2nd gen are not the same has the ones they was made with
    has far has i know
    if iam wrong iam sure others will say so

1800 quid in my opinion i would go no more than that
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post

1800 quid in my opinion i would go no more than that
      What Judwak said. My mate picked one up for £1200 in similar condition & year off Pistonheads.

Hey Judwak, that's some cocktail your on. You have bad back pain or something?

Comment

Thanks guys, I would have put her just under the 2k mark myself.

Comment

crumbleing spine and diverticulosis
          pain killers do nish
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi Ross how you keeping?
            Your old truck is still going strong
            Have just got around to start to French register it now winter is coming (its snowing here now) and she has been a joy to work on really surprised how easy everything is on them.
            Need a tyre pair of top ball joints, pads and should be good for the French test.
            Did you keep away from Surfs for long?

Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

I'm glad to hear she's still going well, she had a good strong engine. I've had a few things in between including a 2.8 LWB Pajero that was superb but far too expensive to run (parts and fuel).

I had a lifted 2.4 2nd Gen during the summer but lack of aircon and MTs sent my little girl crazy with the noise levels, she didn't like it at all. I'm looking at getting another 2nd gen now, a 3.0 if possible but I'd settle for a 2.4 with outstanding history and in excellent condition.

We have about 10cm of snow on the ground here too. I'm running a Subaru Legacy AWD at the moment and its coping admirably with it.

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                Guys,

As per the title, I'm thinking of adding to the fleet. I want a nice clean unmodified and well looked after truck (don't we all). Any opinions as to the value of the one on the link below would be welcome:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130458822932

The only thing putting me off is that its had a genuine Toyota head which I'm assuming will be the same design as the original?
                But it's Green!

Comment

Ross what is your budget for another truck
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
                    But it's Green!
                    Its a typical Toyota/Lexus green though, usually either grey or black

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    Ross what is your budget for another truck
                    Richard, I'm looking for something around the 2k mark. This one attracted me as it has the right history and looks really clean.

Comment

my number is 07974183876 if you want to give me a ring or text and i'll ring you back

Comment

The value of the 2.4 now irrelevant to me. Richard to the rescue once again. Many thanks mate.

Comment

Your welcome mate anytime

Comment

Did you just sell on that £900 3rd Gen you bought last Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                              Did you just sell on that £900 3rd Gen you bought last Wednesday?

For your information Dave yes i have just sold the surf that i bought earlier in the week and i sold it for 2k to Ross last night.The truck was sold for a hell of a lot less than it was worth.
                              If you wanted the truck that bad then you shouldn't of bothered posting links into other threads and then waiting 5 minutes to put a reply in the forsale thread saying you will have it.You stated in one thread it was to far to travel for you and as soon as i showed interest in it you got p1ssed off now let the bl00dy thing drop.
                              I am not a dealer i am a breaker.If i buy a truck to good to break then i will repair it and sell it on as i have done with a couple of other trucks i bought as breakers.

Comment

Working...
                              X