FAO mr vince.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO mr vince.

Greetings from the Lexurf IV R&D department.
    I noticed that lexurf was going REALLY well in the cold air. To this end, and with your suggestion about getting more air in, i "weighed" the air this morning. If i was, for instance, allowing 10000 litres in normally, expressed as kg/cmf, i was getting 12-13000 litres a minute. To this end, im going to increase the diameter of the intake pipe by about half as much again...wish me luck!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Fit a hose near the grill and duct air in through that?

might even get ram effect!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Replace the grill with a huge rectangular funnel and pipe the air in ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Here you go Gra

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Saver-Eng...item4aa0b79782

Problem sorted

Neal

Comment

Whenever I see that ad, I always want to go and find that guy and ram one of those where the sun dont shine, to see if it enhances his speed at all.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Whenever I see that ad, I always want to go and find that guy and ram one of those where the sun dont shine, to see if it enhances his speed at all.

I couldn't resist, I did try though, honest .
            Neal

Comment

Univesity of gayness has been trying this to increase airflow and eliminate greenhouse gasses.....

Remember arrows are silent.....................
              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Needs a lift and some 33's.
                Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                  Univesity of gayness has been trying this to increase airflow and eliminate greenhouse gasses.....

reminds me of a discovery i had... By the time i finished cutting the rot out what was left would have fit in the bowl
                  I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Fit a hose near the grill and duct air in through that?

might even get ram effect!
                    That's what I thought.

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post

Is that one of those bio-fuelled cars?
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Greetings from the Lexurf IV R&D department.
                        I noticed that lexurf was going REALLY well in the cold air. To this end, and with your suggestion about getting more air in, i "weighed" the air this morning. If i was, for instance, allowing 10000 litres in normally, expressed as kg/cmf, i was getting 12-13000 litres a minute. To this end, im going to increase the diameter of the intake pipe by about half as much again...wish me luck!

Cool! ha, see what I did there?
                        Don't forget you've still got the original exhaust manifolds, which are a crap design to say the least, although the exhaust system is unrestricted to quicken the throttle response, so any gains in the oomph department may be negligable.
                        The throttle body is 80mm by the way.

I'm going to have a go at making my own headers when time allows as there's a CAD drawing of the flanges on Lextreme.
                        I'm also going to develop a bolt in air intake duct kit with a small scoop at the top of the bonnet, driver's side near the windscreen, which will shovel more air into the airfilter, which will be sealed in a box to keep the engine heat out.

Comment

Working...
                        X