Hilux Pickup on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Pickup on ebay?

See this on Ebay the other day. I don't know anything about pickups, what do you guys think? Needs a little TLC but price doesnt seem too bad just now. Looks like a first gen though? Seller states D4D but I thought that was in reference to the engine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

You can never have enough toys.

Buy it.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      See this on Ebay the other day. I don't know anything about pickups, what do you guys think? Needs a little TLC but price doesnt seem too bad just now. Looks like a first gen though? Seller states D4D but I thought that was in reference to the engine.

Hi Dieselboy,
      Please tell me you're not serious about this wreck...?
      Come on, own up...you're winding us up aren't you...?
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        You can never have enough toys.

Buy it.
        Stop encouraging people to buy crap!

Comment

Its a MK2, the motor won't be D4D, it'll be a gutless non-turbo 2.4, but uber reliable, and you can toss a Surf turbo on it with very little effort.

Its a very reasonable price at the moment for what it is, they normally go for over £1k unless an absolute basket case thanks to Top Gear.

Its my favorite shape Hilux, but they have the smallest wheel arch openings so needs more lift than a MK1 or MK3 to fit bigger tyres.

Double skin rear bed is a biatch to get rust free and repair long term.

Needs a lot of work to make straight, but you'll struggle to find many much better that arn't silly money.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That brings back memories of some years ago - I really missed mine after I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

What TonyN said
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Going to arrange a viewing!
                Thanks for the pointers.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ya havin a laff Tony or ya Bonkers ..... Leave the moneypit where it is !!

Jess
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

New Garden Shed Tony?
                    Suppose its somewhere to keep the lawn mower and wheel barrow!

Seriously, unless you're really gonna strip it down and start again, then I'd look at spending a few more quid and starting with a decent 'un.

all imho obviously, but if it flicks your switch, then go for it!
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                      Seriously, unless you're really gonna strip it down and start again, then I'd look at spending a few more quid and starting with a decent 'un.
                      Thats the trouble, you just can't get one unless you're really lucky or loaded. There arn't many decent mk2 trucks around. even good mk3's are hard to find without spending loads, and most arn't 'restored' properly, and the rust appears inside 6 months.

Driving around in a beaten up pickup is a huge grin. I love them.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X