Hey Rod,

Hope all is good.

Rob.
              Yeah all good thank you mate!

How about you?
              Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Aye? How the fcuk did that happen?
              www.russianbrides.com

Nah, Seriously.. I've actually been dancing for a year and a half, Met alot of ladies on the way and been with her for 6 months pretty much..all spare a few days!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                Nah, Seriously.. I've actually been dancing for a year and a half, Met alot of ladies on the way and been with her for 6 months pretty much..all spare a few days!
                Ah, dancing. Nothing like sticking with the stereotype

I was actually thinking about you a couple of weeks back. I was in Malta, with the boss, she saw an XJR and told me I could buy one if I wanted. You sprung into my mind...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ah, dancing. Nothing like sticking with the stereotype

I was actually thinking about you a couple of weeks back. I was in Malta, with the boss, she saw an XJR and told me I could buy one if I wanted. You sprung into my mind...
                  I appreciate I haven't done myself many favours unleashing the "dancing" but tis the truth! It's really great fun as well.

Hmn, XJR! Wouldn't say no.. The XJ8 is gone now and I miss it Had a Daimler Sovereign to get myself around for a while.. well, That and a Kia Ceed' which is.. rubbish!

Comment

Are there any big problems or niggles with XJRs?

Comment

Are there any big problems or niggles with XJRs?
                      The only things I was ever aware of were..

1) The cam chain tensioners were bonded with plastic or something similar which caused them to fall apart and well.. break everything!

2)Early models had nickoseal (spelt horribly wrong..) lining which after a few years would cause corrosion. General gist was that If it was going to be a problem it would've become obvious by now.

3)There is a tacky plastic thermostat housing that cracks and needs replacing. It'll take a long time to actually fully empty the cooling system, if indeed it ever could because it's the highest part of the engine.

Jaguars have a million sensors for everything and a red warning light comes up if the water is anything but totally topped up. So even if you had low windscreen washer fluid it'll constantly remind you.. albeit with a yellow light as it's less severe.

I adore Jaguar XJ models and can't wait to own another. If I'd been able to fund my business without selling then I would've.

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach;674723].........
                        Jaguars have a million sensors for everything and a red warning light comes up if the water is anything but totally topped up. So even if you had low windscreen washer fluid it'll constantly remind you.. albeit with a yellow light as it's less severe.

[QUOTE]

You should see what a Lexus has, there's even a sensor to tell you that a sensor isn't sensing!

Oh and about eleventy twelve relays!

Comment

So the only real issue is with the self destructing tensioners? Is there a cut off year for this problem, or did they never fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Oh and about eleventy twelve relays!
                            I thought there were more than that?

Comment

So the only real issue is with the self destructing tensioners? Is there a cut off year for this problem, or did they never fix it?
                              There was. I want to say 99/00 but would suggest you check it out.

99.99% have been changed.

Mine were so I never paid any more attention to it after I got the car.

The only time it annoyed me and let me down is when I started it up and then switched it off before it got up to any remote temperature. It floods the engine and needs to be purged before it'll start again!!

An ex gf used to live in towards the centre of southampton and I'd have to get up early to go and move it off the street and in front of their garage once the other house mate had gone to work.

It was mostly during the winter last year.. Was freezing cold and horrible because I'd have to do a couple of laps around the place to get it up to a good enough temperature to turn it off..

A garage or driveway would suitably fix this.. Of which I had access to neither!

Comment

Working...
                              X