Bluetooth stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    I dont think I need blue teeth, but I quite like the idea of those stereos that play direct from SD cards or USB sticks - saves having CDs lying around the car.

Any recommendations? Again, I'd rather not pay much.
    This one does the lot andy + you don't have to use the blue tooth if you don't want.
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165474
    Reserve it online for £60 because if you walk in store off the street its £80.
    Just fitted it this afternoon with no probs apart from a new dash panel needed because it got butchered from the last stereo being fitted. "my fault"
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

can ya get white toothed ones?
      theres a few with more than one blue tooth around here and i dont like the look of them
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/sho...onlinecaraudio
        I have this head unit in two of my surfs. The bluetooth one has hands free phone obv, or there is one the same but without b/t.
        I ran the ipod cable through the centre console to the pocket there, so my ipod just sits in there. The reason I plumped for this one is the wheel ipod search facility. I used to have an ipod headset with button searches, and it is totally impossible to search with. This unit racks through artists etc at pace.
        Can highly recommend.

Comment

Oh, and it has a USB access point on the front.

Comment

Henry, thats about 10 times more than I want to pay. TBH, a big name stereo isn't important to me - its main use will be 5 live when there's a match on and I'm travelling, or the odd bit of music if in the mood. Si Tate's cheapie Halfrauds one at about 1/3rd that price will do just fine

I have other radios to go in too - which I spend more time fiddling with
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

its main use will be 5 live when there's a match on and I'm travelling,
              **** I miss that.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Henry, thats about 10 times more than I want to pay. TBH, a big name stereo isn't important to me
                Now if I were Albannach, I'd be making some remark about getting a stereo for 16 quid

Fair enough. If it is mostly radio, it doesn't much matter what you get. If you want a) a decent phone setup for driving, and b) a workable iPod search function, then something a bit more serious may be worthwhile in the long run.
                The search function was the only reason I got mine cos it was the only one I could find with a good one.

Having said that a lot of the no brand stuff these days is pretty good.

If you wanted a really cheap headset (ie the price of some postage) you would be welcome to the one I took out to put in the Alpine. Don't think it has iPod or blue teeth from memory. But the radio and Cd work fine.

Comment

Quick update:

Don't buy the stereo i originallly posted from halfords "its crap".
                  Took it back because the mic was faulty so they gave me a new one but that was no better really, you had to literally hold the mic to your mouth which kind of defeats the object of hands free.

Decided to spend that little bit more on a quality unit "sony" which is 100% better & the mic is built in so no wires to feed around the dash.

The guy in halfords was great & offered to fit the sony for free because i had been back twice but i fit it myself seeing as the dash was half out anyway.

This is it.

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X