Thinking of bidding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurfL6 View Post
    Went to Hereford sunday, engine was knocking its balls off. Left it there...
    What about the one in post #25? Just down the road from you.

Comment

you've got £1700 to play with haven't you? Why are you even looking at dodgy junk like that?

A 3.0 is within budget - be patient, you'll find one.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I asked if he had a buy it now price but he wanted to let it go to auction. He ended up selling it for £1,100 - I missed th e bidding. But I just found this one which looks good, Does anyone know of this company?
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-Toyota-HI...item230bd1b8ea

Comment

You really want a manual?

For that price, it should have a new head. Ask the question, and for proof is he says it has.

Out of interest, why are you set on a 2.4?

Comment

I asked if he had a buy it now price but he wanted to let it go to auction. He ended up selling it for £1,100 - I missed th e bidding. But I just found this one which looks good, Does anyone know of this company?

I can two potential wallet emptying problems with that one:
            1. It's a 2.4 with the original head.
            2. It's a manual with most likely the original DMF.

If those two items let go, you're looking at the thick end of £2000 to put right.
            Plus it's nearly 300 miles from you!

Comment

I dont mind either a 2.4 or 3.0 but on our last 2.4 the auto box went...Are manual not good ? I rung the bloke to see if the head had been done, he said it proberley has has they have usual gone by now. I gotta ring back at half one to speak to a man that knows ( yes i will ask for proof ). I am still currently highest bidder on the blue 2.4 auto in Bude

Comment

I dont mind either a 2.4 or 3.0 but on our last 2.4 the auto box went...Are manual not good ? I rung the bloke to see if the head had been done, he said it proberley has has they have usual gone by now. I gotta ring back at half one to speak to a man that knows ( yes i will ask for proof ). I am still currently highest bidder on the blue 2.4 auto in Bude

I would put money on it having the original head, the radiator looks original and it's been repaired. I wouldn't spent over £1000 for a new head and leave the original leaky rad in there.

p.s. what do you mean the auto box went? The transmissions are more robust than the engines in these trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  I would put money on it having the original head, the radiator looks original and it's been repaired. I wouldn't spent over £1000 for a new head and leave the original leaky rad in there.
                  Yeah, that line of shiny solder on the right of the top of the rad made me wonder.

On the manual, the dual mass flywheel often breaks up on an old truck, and there's always the question of how fresh the clutch is too. As Vince says, the DMF is not a cheap job. I had an auto 2nd gen for 7 years with no issues at all. I have a 3rd gen auto now, and would have no hesitation in having another.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

p.s. what do you mean the auto box went? The transmissions are more robust than the engines in these trucks.
                    Lost pull coming down the M4, then just wouldnt move at all. Replaced the auto box with a second hand one and it worked again.

Comment

Smurf if you email me at stormforce1067@sky.com then i will email you some info on a 2.4 manual for about £650.Still some tax and mot till i think July.The guy wants the truck to go to a good home rather than a breaker.Its to far really for me so if your interested let me know
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok Done, thanks

Comment

Just emailed info Sal.For the money its not bad and even if you have to spend a few ££'s you should have a good truck.It sounds good and anything that may need doing should only be cosmetic.The sellers email addy should be there somewhere but if not let me know and i'll email his email address for you
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

that red one that was on flEabay looked a bit of alright.

prefer red to my blue/silver...

although i kinda hate when people say its never let them down....then go on to say its had its starter motor done.

just reminds me of trigger saying he has had the same broom for 20 years.......its had 17 new heads and 14 new handles!
                            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

i hate donkeys
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Dont mind travelling to Bude if its a decent truck, It looks better than most i've seen. I've a budget of £1700, saw a mitsubishi shogan today lots of cosmetic rust, a land rover discovery which needed a weeks worth of welding. I want a hilux agin but the hubby reluctant to get an auto as my last hilux the box went and it was a shit to change it

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                                For that budget you should be looking for a clean 3.0 2nd Gen...

Surf - not 4Runner.
                                Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                                Well, you see what he was asking two weeks ago?! offer £1000 cash and go from there...

I quote the above (in a yoshie stylee) to remind you that you can get a lot for your money if you're in no great rush.
                                4x4's will always be in greater demand at this time of year, however, there will always be someone who is desperate to sell prior to Christmas because "Jonnie wants a bike/xbox".

Don't rush in.

Have you placed a wanted ad' on this site?

Comment

Working...
                                X