This is what really building a fun performance car is all about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what really building a fun performance car is all about

Posting this out of respect for an average guy I know just having fun with his life and his hard earned money without being a knob on the road, and saving it for the track...

This car, a 92 Subaru Legacy..

with a (all be it very well built) 2.5L flat 4 motor can now do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhbe4Ya3Kow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO8yG7elTk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmmgmVuQcw

and reliably for a while now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Impressive !

Comment

Perfect toy.

Any info on engine mods or a build thread anywhere?
      Last edited by yoshie; 20 November 2010, 02:37.
      Brian

Comment

Excellent...the evo driver was surely gnashing his teeth. He was being an arse...nicely blitzed by the legacy though. The second vid was cool.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

lovin that number plate.......very ironic.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Very nice, shame they weren't on the long circuit though, I like that. Great bit of driving.
            Neal

Comment

thats pretty awesome, reminds me of a guy i know Suzuki Brat pick up runing wrx set up.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Perfect toy.

Any info on engine mods or a build thread anywhere?
                Not much, there is a list of specs and copy of the dyno print out, its 503hp and 520ft/lb!!!

Most people get to 450/450 reasonably easily with the flat 4, and then its starts to get expensive on internals, which was what he was aiming for originally. Then he decided in for a penny in for a pound, and things got a little silly...

He's hopeing for 10-11sec 1/4 miles soon, its was doing 12's on an old engine.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Excellent...the evo driver was surely gnashing his teeth. He was being an arse...nicely blitzed by the legacy though. The second vid was cool.
                yeah, I loved the Skyline to, that thing was hanging out on all the corners trying to stay ahead, then he just romped past it on acceration out of a corner. AWD rules.

Comment

I think the US spec Imprezas were the same 2.5 engines, so I imagine the upgrade path is similar.

A mate of mine had a string of WRXs (2.0 though), and found bore ovalisation was a problem as soon as you started going for big power. The pistons are large diameter with a short skirt.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Don't think that the Evo driver was being an arse, he was just obeying track day rules. In this case I assume, it was that you can only overtake on the left when allowed to. Both cars were coming up fast on "backmarkers" who should have noticed, had nowhere to go hence the braking in silly places!

The Legacy is quick, but a decent suspension set up with decent tyres would stop that body roll and tyre noise (probably heavy wear rate! ) Would be even faster!!

Andy, you are right (as always ) going back a few years when people started uprating the power in the Scoobies, a lot were going bang! Luckily there is much more knowledge about them now, and some bl00dy good engine builders out there.

I agree with you Tony, save it for the track not the road. It's great fun, everyone is going in the same direction - well, most of the time - and it's relatively safe. The only trouble is that now some tracks and track day organisers are taking the pi$$ with their charges - £750 for Brands and Silverstone this summer - making them only viable for a very elite few

That's my two pence worth for a Saturday morning

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

my mates just had a front end bump in his
                      its a fekin fast thing
                      if any one has a front end for a v reg impreza he be more than happy to come take it off ya hands
                      the engine works fine
                      its around 400-500 brake and its not fully done yet
                      theres an ecu to be done and remapping
                      and the bump to sort out

i get some pics
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                        thats pretty awesome, reminds me of a guy i know Suzuki Brat pick up runing wrx set up.. lol
                        Suzuki?

Thats pretty neat, I love Brats, one of those with that in it could tempt me away from Toyota trucks...

Comment

Working...
                        X