yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Idle Up" & "Hard/Soft" ... when do YOU use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Idle Up" & "Hard/Soft" ... when do YOU use them?

I always use my Hard/Soft switch when i'm off roading, and never really use the idle up button.
    I always assumed the idle up was for cold mornings just on tick-over, but after seeing a vid on YouTube, now wonder if it's an off-roading thing? Like in low box and when your having to cover your brake or something, to keep revs up a bit?

When do you guys use your two switches, and if anyone knows the official intended use for them please share!!

Cheers

Rich
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

hard and soft is down to what you prefure

idle switch is there to power up winchs flood lights and any other add on that needs power
    its so theres revs to power up
    and i use it on cold mornings idle dont work in gear only in park or N
    i leave the idle on if iam jumping a car or just letting it tick over to warm the car before i get in
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      hard and soft is down to what you prefure

idle switch is there to power up winchs flood lights and any other add on that needs power
      its so theres revs to power up
      and i use it on cold mornings idle dont work in gear only in park or Ni leave the idle on if iam jumping a car or just letting it tick over to warm the car before i get in
      Cheers Jud..

mine is a manual and it works in gear, after seeing the vid on YouTube, i tried it the other day going up a really steep rocky lane. Yeah, makes sense about the powering up of winches, jumping etc..

cheers mate
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

your welcome mate
        any chance of seeing this vid on you tube

Comment

Where's the hard/soft switch, or is it not on a 3rd gen?

The high idle on mine only works in P or N, but mine is an auto. It's very handy for jump starting or using floodlights.

Comment

not all have the air assisted shocks mate for hard or soft option

Comment

I used to drive a 2002 Hiace D4D van, that had the 'idle up' switch too. Again, handy for cold mornings or jump starting.

My 'hard/soft' switch has been replaced with an immobiliser, presumably because of the aftermarket shocks associated with my suspenson lift. It was all done by a previous owner.

Andy
              Andy

Comment

Hard / soft changes the valving of the shock. Usually, on an old truck with original shocks it could be labelled 'bouncy / extra bouncy'.

Idle up? You cant drive with it on. As soon as you touch the throttle, it cuts out.

3rd gens dont have hard / soft. Just proper suspension to start with
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  mine has, just got rid of it tho lol

Comment

Really? Well bu66er me sideways!

I suppose its only a matter of time before I bung something expensive and yellow under mine when the OEMs give up the ghost anyway

Comment

Hard / soft changes the valving of the shock. Usually, on an old truck with original shocks it could be labelled 'bouncy / extra bouncy'.
                      Yup, I've found if you need it on hard, they are worn out.
                      Idle up? You cant drive with it on. As soon as you touch the throttle, it cuts out.
                      Yup, unless it an old non-efi truck, then the knob just advances the throttle cable a bit.
                      Some do. You've must have a cheap one..
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        Some do. You've must have a cheap one..
                        Yep. less than two and a half big ones for a 63'000 mile truck

feckin hard / soft! Them's for girls, thems are!

Comment

Not on a manual Andy, unless mines buggered

Comment

Dunno about that Andy. No experience of trucks where one has to use ones left side of ones body.

Comment

Yeah not sure if it kicks out if ya touch the gas, ta wouldn't be using the gas anyway if ya was in low box n crawling? It defo works on manuals in gear tho.

Was just interested to see how everyone used their settings. Only ever use hard/soft switch set to hard when I'm off roading tho, you don bounce about anywhere nr as much, makes a big difference
                              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X