BIG turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG turbo

just wondering if anyone has strapped a massive turbo on there surf,mines a 3.0 and was considering doing it next year.if so,what turbo and what mods involved.strange it may sound but i like my diesel engine so wouldnt want a lexus v8 in,even though i bet its very cool.what we sayin guys n gals

Why would you want to? Leave it as it is, that's how it was designed!

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

i know what your saying and i mosst likely will,but just wonder what it would be like and sound like with a big turbo whooooshing away

Comment

Probably sound good for a few miles then you'll most likely kill the engine.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I believe BDT did it, (but he's been banned from here) i think he fitted one from a land crusier, and i know (as i was seated in it) it went like $hit off a shovel, spun the whee's etc, mind the head went shortly after, dunno if the turbo was the cause of it or it was going anyway, he did used to cane it

(btw he didn't get banned for fitting it so dont worry on that score)
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Probably sound good for a few miles then you'll most likely kill the engine.
            I think you would run out of fuel first...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

The ecu will stop you boosting anymore than your standard can already do. It's a bit like the corsa/Clio/saxo whatever that the boy racer sticks a k&n on and a big bore exhaust in. Unless you get your ecu remapped, you have almost certainly reduced the bhp output. The ecu sees s change and holds things back. Your engine already runs at it's optimum.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This is sat in my garage, if you're interested:

Could list it in "for sale" section.

Yes, that is a standard size Coke can.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  The ecu will stop you boosting anymore than your standard can already do
                  Didn't we do all this a month back??
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                    This is sat in my garage, if you're interested:

Could list it in "for sale" section.

Yes, that is a standard size Coke can.

oooohh yeah,thats what im talking about haha,whatds that been on

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post

a shop shelf most likely untill he got thirsty and bought it. i prefer the original coke myself.
                      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                        Challenger tank.

May be a bit "laggy" if fitted to a Surf!

Comment

yep that would be a problem,the bigger the turbo the more lag you get.It takes much longer to spool up a bigger turbo,but once its spooled up then boost would be a problem as it would over boost and the ecu would go into limp mode.So pretty pointless mod if you ask me.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            yep that would be a problem,the bigger the turbo the more lag you get.It takes much longer to spool up a bigger turbo,but once its spooled up then boost would be a problem as it would over boost and the ecu would go into limp mode.So pretty pointless mod if you ask me.
                            You're missing the whole point! Keep boost pressure standard, put up with the lag, listen to your huge turbo slowly winding up to a howl - whilst looking at it, sticking out the hole in the bonnet.!

Comment

there is a realy power full turbo that out beats anyother
                              its the speed at wich it spinns to give of such power from set off its been said it can go from 0 mph to 100mph in 00.1th of a second
                              the ways its made makes it so fast
                              only problem is how do i take that turbo gob off the wife
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X