Another toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another toy!

Just added another tool on my wish list today. Aint she a beauty. My sliders and front bar are getting closer. Lots of wlding practice needed first!
    Oh, for nayone who doesnt know what it is, its a 12 ton pipe bender which bens up to 50mm CHS
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Pics!!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
      Just added another tool on my wish list today. Aint she a beauty. My sliders and front bar are getting closer. Lots of wlding practice needed first!
      Oh, for nayone who doesnt know what it is, its a 12 ton pipe bender which bens up to 50mm CHS
      If you spend a bit more then you could get a 14 ton that bends up to 75mm and then you could make us all 3" exhausts.

Only kidding.

Still I think you forgot the link that you were going to post.

Cheers

Comment

Aw $hite, i screwed up posting the pic & i'm at work now so have to wait till i get home. Anyway, got it at a Sunday market brand new for €120 from the travellers. Saw one recently in local hardware store for €280.
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          Aw $hite, i screwed up posting the pic & i'm at work now so have to wait till i get home. Anyway, got it at a Sunday market brand new for €120 from the travellers. Saw one recently in local hardware store for €280.
          not saying they're thieving gits or anything like that... but it's probably the same one!... what a bargain!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm not happy with this open ended thread from our Delboy.

1. What weighed 12 tonne???

2. Are you well in with the Travellers?

3. Would it bend Wavin?

Comment

If anyone is after a pipe bender, have one at work which we hardly use (might not have been used at all in fact)

Think it bend up to 3", but will check next time I'm in the office.

I'm sure I can borrow it if someone wants to fabricate some pipe for exhausts/sliders/roof racks etc.

Can also get hold of pipe at commercial rates if of any use, and other fixtures and fittings.

Personally, lookingto make my own rock sliders, but it will have to wait until I've got the engine fully sorted.
              I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah

Can also get hold of pipe at commercial rates if of any use, and other fixtures and fittings.
                How about tube? Not so cheap or easy to get hold of as pipe, but much better for building stuff.

Looking for 1.75" or 2" DOM or HREW tube about .120 wall.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  How about tube? Not so cheap or easy to get hold of as pipe, but much better for building stuff.

Then you can make me a rollbar...PLEEEEEASE......
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                    If you spend a bit more then you could get a 14 ton that bends up to 75mm and then you could make us all 3" exhausts.

Only kidding.

Still I think you forgot the link that you were going to post.

Cheers
                    A 12 tonne bender would more than cope with the thickness of tube used for a 3" zorts - just need the mandrels or whatever they are called (brain dead at the moment)

Unless you waht to double the weight of your truck

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

I think the stuff we get from our usual supplier is CREW, but I'm not 100% sure. However, should be able to get HREW & DOM. I'll get some price lists up together.

Off work this week, so it'll be early next week...

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                        Then you can make me a rollbar...PLEEEEEASE......
                        See Jonah, you need to hook me up, 1st Gens don't want over weight water pipe for roll bars, we need the good stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah
                          I think the stuff we get from our usual supplier is CREW, but I'm not 100% sure. However, should be able to get HREW & DOM. I'll get some price lists up together.

Off work this week, so it'll be early next week...
                          Top man!

Comment

Right, here are the prices, as of 1st August for Corrus HREW tube conforms to BS1387).

Price is per metre, and it comes in 3m lengths as standard.
                            15mm £2.855
                            20mm £3.265
                            25mm £4.685
                            32mm £5.799
                            40mm £6.742
                            50mm £9.487
                            65mm £12.876
                            80mm £16.728

Prices have almost doubled in a year. All UK steel goes to China at the moment, so there are monthly rises in price. Rumour is that we can expect another 10% rise in September.

Not sure of the wall thickness, but I have the Corus data booklet for their tube which I'll post shortly.

Not sure the difference between tube and pipe though! So if this is any help, give me a shout

Comment

Obviously the big difference is price!!!!

Not got any spare cash ATM, will be in touch though. Cheers mate.

The main reasons for using tube is its much lighter, but also is more flexible than pipe, so dosn't crack as easy when taking a beating.

Down side is its very spendy!

Comment

Working...
                              X