good garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good garage

anyone know of good garage or anyone local to portsmouth who could check coolant system on 91 surf, small leak cant find source! thanks

Only mechanic I recomnend is Tony, aka 4x4toys. He's in Basingstoke so about 30 miles from you, but with his knowledge it's worth it.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

thanks maverick, bit far as i dont want to risk the overheating, still learning about surfs so not sure she will make it! cant afford new head. But again thanx

Comment

Maybe Popeye could have a look, he is the 2.4 cooling king!

He's in Portsmouth.

Comment

If you can't travel 30-40 miles its not really a car or mode of transport the way it is, I went 300mile in mine losing coolant through a cracked head, it lost 1 litre, I suggest if your coolant is going down faster than this you need to get your car to running temp, wear some waterproofs and open the bonnet, it'll be leaking from where the underbonnet water jet is appearing from. No garage required. H

Comment

Alternatively do what I did when my head went.
            Take a filled aqua roll with you, and stop to top up regularly.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

thanks hazzo for pointing that out, cheered me up to know i wont do damage my luck with motors aint good!! this is the first forum ive joined and is excellent, thanks for help maverick will look into 4x4toys

Comment

thanks to you too bushwhacker, ill speak to popeye he might know someone local, cheers mate

Comment

Failing that drive a mile up the road from home n get ya breakdown Co to transport ya to the great Dr Anglegrinder in Basingstoke ....

Jess
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by getsome View Post
                    thanks to you too bushwhacker, ill speak to popeye he might know someone local, cheers mate

Good luck getting hold of him, he's only allowed to use a computer for five minutes a day.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Maybe Popeye could have a look, he is the 2.4 cooling king!

He's in Portsmouth.
                      A good place to start, he'll help you out if at all poss. Although you might have TMI overload and want to go and burn the truck!!

Can help if you want to travel. Initial consultation free...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Before you travel, check the pipes that go to the rear heater if you have one, very prone to corrosion (or erosion depending on who you ask )

You will find them branching off of the main cabin heater pipes under and near the brake servo, the pipes go under truck along floor (not chassis, thats yer brake pipes)
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

If you do drive up to Tony watch your temp guage like a hawk and stop the moment it gets anywhere near the red !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            A good place to start, he'll help you out if at all poss. Although you might have TMI overload and want to go and burn the truck!!

Can help if you want to travel. Initial consultation free...

thanxs tony will def be up to see you mate, could you post tel no pls so i can arrange visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

If you do drive up to Tony watch your temp guage like a hawk and stop the moment it gets anywhere near the red !

errrrm that dont work either!! hope to look at that the weekend dep on weather, cheers bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X