Got to look after your surf!! weather permitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to look after your surf!! weather permitting

Theres me thinking what shall i do why the wife took the kids out. I dint fancy watching shrek 2. So being the responsible owner i am ,I thought i would grease the old girl up.It looked as though it had'nt been done in a while , so got all the bits together and guess what happens half way through .

Well considering its summer i should have known better .It b***** pours down and doesnt stop till its too late to finish .So now have to finish it before i go to work tommorrow.

You cant beat the british summer
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

I would give you 10/1 that 9 outta 10 members on here dont own a grease gun ... but you do and havent used it since u bought the surf

we're gonna do you for 'GNA' - Grand Neglect Auto

dont blame the summer, its been great up to now and u pick a wet night

Comment

what do you need to grease on the surf ??? you'll have to excuse my ignorance
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
        what do you need to grease on the surf ??? you'll have to excuse my ignorance
        Mostly prop shafts and ball joints. And the steering stops.

see this thread.....

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...?p=322#post322

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you need to take 10 mins outta the time that u spend under the bitch to take a fully loaded semi-automatic grease gun in your hand and riddle her up and down the underbelly!

:mind pictures are funny:

Comment

I plugged the extension lead in the socket in the green house on Friday. Slung the lead over the wall. Went round the garage. Got the, ahem, other offroad project out. Plugged in the angel grinder and the heavens opened. Know how you feel!!!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Well I did an oil and filter change earlier today and give her a good vacuming out, but I hold my hand up, I havn't got a grease gun yet, I will have one soon though.

Fish
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

just been and me a surf,after looking at loads picked a 1996 2.7 pertol rzn185
                model. but cant find any info on this vehicle can anybody help me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Comment

Hey Jim I didnt think i was doing bad ,only had my surf 10 days I was talking about the prevoius owner.lol

How can you say that GNA Im a careing loving parent /owner I feed her ,clothe her in chrome and other nice bits and pieces and she gets to see the doc regulary. Lol
                  I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

since getting mine i have done nothing but work on it i ask it when will my surf do something for me,,,, think i will be comming out to a general cover my car in mud outing just to get my monies worth...

Comment

Originally posted by madmark
                      just been and me a surf,after looking at loads picked a 1996 2.7 pertol rzn185
                      model. but cant find any info on this vehicle can anybody help me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I think you're one of the very few that has a 2.7, infact i haven't heard of anyone on here with one yet! Can't help you much on the engine side of things but the rest of the car will be essentially the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                        Theres me thinking what shall i do why the wife took the kids out. I dint fancy watching shrek 2. So being the responsible owner i am ,I thought i would grease the old girl up.It looked as though it had'nt been done in a while , so got all the bits together and guess what happens half way through .

Well considering its summer i should have known better .It b***** pours down and doesnt stop till its too late to finish .So now have to finish it before i go to work tommorrow.

You cant beat the british summer
                        i half finished my bodylift and left it off road for 6 weeks before doing it... and now my MOT is overdue and i only ordered the parts yesterday!... lazy git eh!... who wants to bet on how long the suspension lift takes and how long the tyres take to get fitted!... i ran around with M/Ts on the back and road tyres on the front for a while!... must wash it soon after devils pit Jan 11the!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          I think you're one of the very few that has a 2.7, infact i haven't heard of anyone on here with one yet! Can't help you much on the engine side of things but the rest of the car will be essentially the same.

thanks rob just not sure if 2.7l petrol exsists! having problems with v5doc
                          because our freinds at vro seem to think its a 2.4 petrol

Comment

Hehe.
                            Its the inline 4 cylinder, 16 valve EFI engine, 2693cc, Type: 3RZ-FE, according to what I just dug up.
                            Max power (NET): 110kW (150PS) @ 4800rpm
                            Max Torque (NET): 235Nm (24kg m)/4000rpm
                            I copied those figures from a jap site ages ago.

Comment

grease

hi someone said grease top joint just a quick hint when greasing first grease top joint then your supposed to remove grease knipple and remove blanking plug from bottom joint and fit top knipple in hole then grease bottom joint then swop back belive me this saves you lots of money in long term lol
                              I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                              (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Working...
                              X