manual gearbox info needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual gearbox info needed please!

I have a manual 2.4 and have just bought a 3.0 engine with an auto box, I really want to keep my manual box but I am having some trouble finding a 3.0 manual bellhousing and flywheel.

Has anyone heard of someone who has done what I am trying to do? What is the chance of me finding what I am looking for? As we all know the manuals are not easy to come by, am i fighting a loosing battle? Also does anyone know if the pick up 3.0's are the same?

Thanks

Matt

Converting a 2.4 to a 3.0 is very hard indeed. Converting a 2.4 manual to a 3.0 manual is much harder than that. In terms of cost and time, yes, you are fighting a losing battle and it would be quicker and cheaper to buy a 3.0 manual.

Comment

Hello Matt. I would agree with Sancho. You're looking at a whole lot of hassle, there. Much easier, if you can live without aircon (HAH!), to go for a UK 4Runner. The diesels are all 3.0 td manuals, anyway. I think I saw a half decent L reg in white, on Eflog the other day....Cheers....Mick.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

it will be cheaper in the long run to go lexurf than to change over like that dude
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I understand that is not going to be easy, what are the reasons though, please elaborate? Surely I am not the first person to try this? I know the ECU is probably going to give me some problems but I haven't even gotten that far yet. Think I might have found the flywheel on fleabay, have found a gearbox as well but I only need the bellhousing.

Thanks for the input guys!

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X