Air con controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con controls

Has any one got the sliding type ventilation controls with air con,or is it only supplied with the push button type controls?
    I want to put air con on my truck,unlike everyone else it seems, who want to take it off!
    I think the two systems should be basically the same,but any input appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

The slider controls finished at the 8/'91 on the Surfs. Not sure how you would adapt one to a 4Runner. I'd imagine the slider type would be easier to install. Other than that not sure what you need.

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev
      I assume all the sliders do is send the air up or down,either electronically via motors or like mine mechanically!
      Think I will get Richard to strip out as much as possible from a breaker and I'll go from there.Anything is possible,its just the amount of agravasion and money that is unkown!!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

a couple of 4runners that i had in have had air con and the heater controls were the same as the surf ones on the later 2.4's.I'm not sure/remember whether the plugs in the back were the same or not now
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The 4Runner heater panel has a blanked out hole for the A/C switch.

Your biggest hassle is fitting the evaporator behnd the dash, and getting all the hoses, wiring and other components bolted in the car.

A switch is the least of your worries..

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Might be easier to fit an aftermarket set up.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              The 4Runner heater panel has a blanked out hole for the A/C switch.

Your biggest hassle is fitting the evaporator behnd the dash, and getting all the hoses, wiring and other components bolted in the car.

A switch is the least of your worries..

Yes I agree Tony
              I'm not bothered about lifting the dash out,or having the electric controls for the ventilation,I just hoping the air con will work with the manual sliders! I can't see why not,and I know that land/Range Rovers have manual and electric controls available!!

At this time of year you realise just how effective air con is at keeping the windows mist free!!

Best

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X