Like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like this.

Ford excursion. 6 litre or 7.3L diesel. Bear in mind the wheels are 22" and it's about 5 foot longer than the Surf.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    Ford excursion. 6 litre or 7.3L diesel. Bear in mind the wheels are 22" and it's about 5 foot longer than the Surf.

I've seen a very long one of those in east Sussex!

Comment

Lifted one on the road..
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I've seen a very long one of those in east Sussex!
        Wow quick reply !

I just want the engine really - Did want an 80's suburban but prefer this.

Comment

My kids came back from their prom in one but they left the house in a stretched Cayenne ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Wow, Clacton's changed.

Last edited by slobodan; 4 November 2010, 22:57.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

You can get the excursion with a 7.2 v10...same(ish)economy,about 12 mpg, as the 5.4 v8 , but bags more torque. I couldn't reccomend the rest of the motor, but the lump and transmission are sound. I do believe they are all vortec engines.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

6.8 V10? - Triton engine. I'm just going on the wikipedia info.. Apparently the powerstroke 6.0 v8 diesel does 320 HP and 560 ft lbs of torque - more than the 7.3 diesel and the V10 petrol. That'll be the one I want
                Last edited by wishbone; 4 November 2010, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  6.8 V10? - Triton engine. I'm just going on the wikipedia specs. Apparently the powerstroke 6.0 v8 diesel does 320 HP and 560 ft lbs of torque - more than the 7.3 diesel and the V10 petrol. That'll be the one I want

Even if you do get it to fit into a Surf, the torque will shred the rear diff if it doesn't twist the propshaft like a skewer first!

Comment

Yep I wish there was a decent diesel swap for the surf. I'd love a D4D in mine but there's too much electronic stuff on them (and the cost...) Was reading the specs of the intercooled 3rd gens the other day - the torque is only a smidge lower than the lexus v8's. Funnily enough the HP is way down

Comment

Yes...triton...sorry. It's the hummers that use the vortec lump. The ford v8 and v10 are all good though, nice solid motor. Mind the gmc 6.0 litre is a nice lump as well...it's just the rest of the vehicle let's it down.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                        Wow, Clacton's changed.

That definitely looks more like Southend. It's the palm trees. Can't see the Golden Nugget though

Comment

Working...
                        X