help. need antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help. need antifreeze

Hi can anyone tell me what colour antifreez a need to put in my 2.4 manual 2nd gen??? Also what mix ratio to water? After an emergency thermostat change 3 months ago its just neat water :-s abd with the cold weather coming its a must do in tje next 7 days, also any help on how to do a complete flush of the system inc. Amount of fluid etc as been trying to learn and do as much of any work needed on my truck as poss. Appreciate any help!!! Thanks all

Use the same colour as was in there or flush the system thoroughly and use the red stuff. You will need approx 10lts of 50/50 mix.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Don't put water in.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        Use the same colour as was in there or flush the system thoroughly and use the red stuff. You will need approx 10lts of 50/50 mix.
        I thought it was red but couldn't remember!! I got a price on red then decided to double check, but then read some stuff on here about blue and green then just got confused lol. Thanks for your help :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          if its the toyota red ready mixed, do not mix with water it goes in neat, its the only one i use, costs about £15.00 for 5 ltrs but its certainly worth it from an erroding point of view unlike the crap halfords sell.

Comment

why is halfords anti freeze crap then
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              cos its from Halfrauds, innit!

They do a range of coolants, it meets the desired specs, but will never be a good as Toyota stuff.

I use Autoparts own brand blue stuff unless someone actually asks for different.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                if you ever get to compare the insides of old toyota engines that have been run on toyota coolant or halfords coolant there is very little errosion in the coolant chambers compared to the halfords coolant, can also give you a for instance regarding the rubber ring that seals the thermostat, upon removal of a faulty stat using toyota, fluid rubber seal still flexible, halfords the seal was brittle and breaking up, so can only assume that this effect is happening to other rubber pipes/parts etc. I have been doing a survey on one of the sites I subscribe to and there is an indication that cars using non toyota coolant are more prone to coolant failures, could be pure chance but i will err to the higher percentage.

Comment

my antifreezed but my uncle did not find it funny
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Corrosion, not erosion.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                      if its the toyota red ready mixed, do not mix with water it goes in neat, its the only one i use, costs about £15.00 for 5 ltrs but its certainly worth it from an erroding point of view unlike the crap halfords sell.
                      So you still need approx 10lts of 50/50 mix.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        Corrosion, not erosion.
                        Erode - to wear away / destroy gradually

Corrode - to rust / to eat away at / erode

Taken from the Chambers Dictionary

Comment

I may need a top up after sorting heater pipes. I have red stuff in there already but not sure what kind of or whose red coolant it is. Can I add any coolant to this as long as it is red?

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                            I may need a top up after sorting heater pipes. I have red stuff in there already but not sure what kind of or whose red coolant it is. Can I add any coolant to this as long as it is red?

Cheers

Ben
                            I think red to red is cool, green to green is OK as is blue to blue. You can't do red to blue or green to red though, it curdles.
                            But Green to blue is also OK
                            Blue and green should never be seen when choosing your outfits.
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post

Cheers

Ben
                              Just flush and renew, better safe than sorry.....
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X