Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat tyres

Hi everyone,

It's probably been asked a million times, but don't shout at me. I'm back in Surf ownership with my second one, K reg LN130 widebody. After I sold my first one, I knew I'd made a huge mistake, so after a few months I just had to have another. Anyways, I've given it a 2" suspension lift and 2" bodylift, but the 31" BFG's on the 15" rims look really skinny. I want to put on a set of bigger and wider tyres, I don't mind going to 16" wheels if need be.
    What's the chunkiest size I can go to with the mods I've done.
    I'm not going to be doing any serious offroading, so extreme articulation isn't going to be an issue, at most, just a bit of camping and festivals and tyre noise isn't going to bother me. It's more for looks than anything.
    I've tried to do a search, but there's so much conflicting answers.

Cheers, Ian

I'm glad to be back in the fold.

Originally posted by jonesey View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's probably been asked a million times, but don't shout at me. I'm back in Surf ownership with my second one, K reg LN130 widebody. After I sold my first one, I knew I'd made a huge mistake, so after a few months I just had to have another. Anyways, I've given it a 2" suspension lift and 2" bodylift, but the 31" BFG's on the 15" rims look really skinny. I want to put on a set of bigger and wider tyres, I don't mind going to 16" wheels if need be.
    What's the chunkiest size I can go to with the mods I've done.
    I'm not going to be doing any serious offroading, so extreme articulation isn't going to be an issue, at most, just a bit of camping and festivals and tyre noise isn't going to bother me. It's more for looks than anything.
    I've tried to do a search, but there's so much conflicting answers.

Cheers, Ian

I'm glad to be back in the fold.
    You should be able to fit 33/12.5/15's easily - if your not going to offroad it you might get 35's under but will rub with articulation (i've been told)
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

You should fit the 12.5" tyre on wider rims. 7" wide standard rims are too thin say the manufacturers but it can be done although this opens up potential problems of the tyre slipping off the rim, apparently.

My advice to you is see what tyres are available and then purchase the rim to match. The 33" x 12.5" tyres for 15" rim are becoming harder to get hold of I have found.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cheers peeps, sounds good so far, I'll keep an eye out for more replies

Comment

Try 4x4 accessories and tyres on 01677425555 they are reasonable and do wheel and tyre packages think they have website but not certain. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X