New to Surf ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Surf ownership

Hi everyone, been the proud owner of a 2nd generation 3.0 diesel for a couple of months now after many years of Land Rover ownership. Very pleased with it, makes a change not being underneath it fixing/welding etc. Great forum have learnt loads already. Sorted the central locking due to a broken wire in the door pillar and thinking of replacing the heater controls with the LED version. One question, my aircon doesn't work, not sure how long it's been like that and not sure if it's worth having it looked at?

Shaun

Hi Shaun. Welcome. Hope you enjoy both your new Surf, and your visits on the forum. Take a close look at your air con. Is it blowing just a little bit cool? If it is, then you might just need a re-gas....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to Surfland!

Comment

Hello, often its just the A/C gas thats leeched away, try getting it refilled and see what happens.

Make sure the belt is on and the clutch works. (it won't actually switch on if there is no pressure in system)

Originally posted by Lyndasbottom View Post
          Hi everyone, been the proud owner of a 2nd generation 3.0 diesel for a couple of months now after many years of Land Rover ownership. Very pleased with it, makes a change not being underneath it fixing/welding etc. Great forum have learnt loads already. Sorted the central locking due to a broken wire in the door pillar and thinking of replacing the heater controls with the LED version. One question, my aircon doesn't work, not sure how long it's been like that and not sure if it's worth having it looked at?

Shaun
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi and welcome to you and nice choice.
            Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

welcome dude
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi and welcome from one new Surf owner (and ex Land Rover victim) to another.

I've got an aircon problem too and will be recharging it first and taking it from there.

Comment

Hi and welcome, and what's that user name about - or shouldn't I ask?

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

sure the aircon unit hasnt been taken out of the engine??

welcome in!!

My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

welcome to surfland,love the name

Comment

Welcome to the forum dude...

i've had my Surf for about 6 month maybe more now, and 'we' are still very much in the honeymoon period! i frickin love it!
                        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice on the aircon. It's all there but the clutch won't engage which would indicate that it needs a recharge. It works if I put 12v to it. I'll get one of local aircon places a ring. As to the username probably best to leave that one to the imagination!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndasbottom View Post
                            Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice on the aircon. It's all there but the clutch won't engage which would indicate that it needs a recharge. It works if I put 12v to it. I'll get one of local aircon places a ring. As to the username probably best to leave that one to the imagination!!

you stare at lyndas bottom alot?...
                            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                            X