Quiet and smooooooth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet and smooooooth...

I was picking the missus up from work this arvo, and was sat in the carpark with the engine running. Wow, how quiet are these 2.7's? I could barely hear (or feel) it running.

Lovely and smooth driving too, liking this engine a lot so far!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Cool.

(wait till you try bonnet deep wading.... )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Pah, I'll leave that to the luddites with their dirty smelly generation 1 engines...

Think I'll make myself a small body lift soon to use up some of that nylon bar I've got in the shed...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Pah, I'll leave that to the luddites with their dirty smelly generation 1 engines...

Think I'll make myself a small body lift soon to use up some of that nylon bar I've got in the shed...

Yeah right, took you long enough to admit you wanted to get a Surf again, now you've got one how long till you want to dunk it in a muddy hole??
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

He will get there without any coaxing Tony, bide your time mate.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Well the grin has returned.

Feels better than the look of abject terror I wore every time I dared to take the GT-Four for a spin

Comment

And this engine is a 4cyl? Impressive if it is! Glad you're liking it. Should be cheaper to run than a bigger Diesel.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yep. It's quieter and smoother than Vicki's 1600 Polo!

Bit less thirsty than the 3.0 too, but that did have 33's and a big roof rack on it!

Need to make some 'Apache II' stickers for it now

Comment

And so it begins....
                  Neal

Comment

Look Neal, it's NOT beginning.

All I'm going to do is a 1.5" bodylift (I have the nylon bar sitting there doing nothing), a 2" sus lift - probably with the Roughtrax kit, some BFG ATs (wont be going to 33s on this one though) a roof tray, some big lamps, a split charge system, some radios...

Comment

All I'm going to do is a 1.5" bodylift (I have the nylon bar sitting there doing nothing), a 2" sus lift - probably with the Roughtrax kit, some BFG ATs (wont be going to 33s on this one though) a roof tray, some big lamps, a split charge system, some radios...
                      ...ah bless...look everyone...andys back in town.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

We're off out for a family drive now. Evesham maybe... or Gloucester. I'll take a pic or two while I'm out. Perhaps the last pics ever in its standard state

Comment

Neal

Comment

Working...
                          X