C.S.M. for Stormy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich - top man.
    Helped me with all the parts get the truck back on the road after the wife driving it on its side. 3 doors, two wings front bumper & arch extensions, all an exact colour match + a load of sundry bits.
    I got a mangled motor looking good & back on the road for £250.
    Cheers Stormy.

Comment

Not bought from Stormie ....yet... but he would certainley be my first choise for any spares etc with out exception.

Gets my vote.

So can you smoke asparagus ?

Or did I miss something?

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

"The effect of eating asparagus on the eater's urine has long been observed:

"[Asparagus] cause a filthy and disagreeable smell in the urine, as everybody knows." (Treatise of All Sorts of Foods Louis Lemery, 1702)[24]

"asparagus... affects the urine with a foetid smell (especially if cut when they are white) and therefore have been suspected by some physicians as not friendly to the kidneys; when they are older, and begin to ramify, they lose this quality; but then they are not so agreeable" ("An Essay Concerning the Nature of Aliments," John Arbuthnot, 1735)[25]

Asparagus "...transforms my chamber-pot into a flask of perfume." Marcel Proust (1871–1922) [26]

There is debate about whether all (or only some) people produce the smell, and whether all (or only some) people identify the smell. It was originally thought this was because some of the population digested asparagus differently from others, so that some people excreted odorous urine after eating asparagus, and others did not. However, in the 1980s three studies from France,[27] China and Israel published results showing that producing odorous urine from asparagus was a universal human characteristic. The Israeli study found that from their 307 subjects all of those who could smell 'asparagus urine' could detect it in the urine of anyone who had eaten asparagus, even if the person who produced it could not detect it himself.[28] Thus, it is now believed that most people produce the odorous compounds after eating asparagus, but only about 22% of the population have the autosomal genes required to smell them.["
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Did you know all that?

Saved me a lot of testing.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            And spacky.
            Great word! I'd forgot about that word.

I am going to call someone a 'Spacko' tomorrow.

I may follow it with a 'Biff'

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'm an avid radio 2 listener ( especially since Sarah "special needs" Kennedy left). My point is that mark Radcliffe and Stuart maconie have a show on at 8 pm. When it started a few years back, messr maconie, recounted how a chap from Wigan had given him some sterling advice...to wit...

"you want to give that a bangin donk".
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'll definitely back the OPs CSM for Stormy. Absolutely cracking bloke who does everything in his power to help out other forum members. If there is ever any way I can return the favour I would gladly assist him. It's all about the Karma, man.

Incidentally, I was extremely tempted by a job advertised in St Austell recently but decided against it in the end...

Comment

missing post

Hey ..what happened my post

It was there for a few hours ago

Anyhow a Good lad who helped me out

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                  X