Is this too cheap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post

Looks a little tatty to me. I'd only want to pay £1800. Is it too cheap at the current asking price (£2195)?

£2195
    Thats not tatty. If you want to see a tatty Surf, I'll put up pics of mine at the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil.a View Post
      Thats not tatty. If you want to see a tatty Surf, I'll put up pics of mine at the weekend!
      Why post all the pictures again mate? It just takes up a lot of unnecessary space on the page.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I think quite a lot of the damage has been caused by an over-enthusiastic attempt at valeting. The paint loss on the wheelarch and front looks like steam cleaner damage. The spare tyre has been partially 'tarted up' and the engine bay looks a bit too shiney.

Comment

Yeah, he's been in there with the polish, but, isn't that what you do when selling a car, as long as it does what it says on the tin I think its a bargain, these cars are all old so I wouldn't give a damn about dings etc, I expect them, not everyone is a car enthusiast. H

Comment

Jeeze if it was a members truck you would all be saying, "wow what a bargain, great truck" bla bla bla. It's a 3rd gen for 2k ffs.

Go and see it/test drive it. Theres 2nd gen sellers asking more than that.
            ###### great price as a serious buyer you have to at least give it a chance.

You will have a grand in your pocket to make it sweet and still be on a 3k budget.
            You could lift it and fit 33s for that kind of spare.
            Last edited by yoshie; 29 October 2010, 10:29.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Jeeze if it was a members truck you would all be saying, "wow what a bargain, great truck" bla bla bla. It's a 3rd gen for 2k ffs.

Go and see it/test drive it. Theres 2nd gen sellers asking more than that.
              ###### great price as a serious buyer you have to at least give it a chance.

You will have a grand in your pocket to make it sweet and still be on a 3k budget.
              You could lift it and fit 33s for that kind of spare.

^^ ^^

Comment

nice find i would buy it no dowt
                puddlesurfer thats not me mate
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Brian, whilst I agree with the sentiment (very cheap, possibly worth a punt if you dont mind having to do a bit of work - which could turn out to be a lot of hidden work).

I did contact the guy several times to ask about any accident history / if the front shunt (which looks tidier on these pics incidentally) had done any damage underneath, and twice he avoided answering, and once ignored my request for that info.

Thats why I didn't bother going for a look. It *could* be that its OK and he's just a bit non-communicative, but it would be a right PITA if someone was to travel a few hundred miles to find something that is carrying serious damage. I wasn't in a rush, and there's plenty of trucks out there.

(NOT that I'm saying it is carrying serious damage, I was put off by his not answering my questions directly. he could have just said 'no accident damage', or 'yes, it's had blah blah but been repaired' - then I probably would have gone for a look)
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

FFS is this thread still going?!

If you want a cheap 3rd gen, go buy it.

Pay the subscription fee with the money you've saved and get some repect back.

I only paid 38k for my house ten years ago when all the others were over 45k and it hasn't fallen down or blown up yet!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Yes, and you cant delete it here!

I only paid 38k for my house ten years ago when all the others were over 45k and it hasn't fallen down or blown up yet!

Let me do your gas work and we'll soon change the latter!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you want a cheap 3rd gen, go buy it.
                        I don't necessarily want a 3rd gen. 2nd or 3rd gen will do, as long as it's a good truck and on budget.

Pay the subscription fee with the money you've saved and get some repect back.
                        What are you on about? Get respect back?

Are you on drugs?

Comment

Save your pennies and buy Scorpions truck - you can't go wrong
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                            It's sold.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                              This is my point, how can't he go wrong.
                              How do you qualify that statement/advice to a potenial buyer?

Is Jims a fine looking 2nd gen; Yes

Is Jim a decent fella; Yes { I have actually met and spent time with the guy}

Will Jim give you a warranty; Will he F
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                                Will he F**k
                                I think you have to pay extra for that!

I meant he's a good guy, who has a good looking truck which he's obviously has looked after - it should be a good buy - will you need to spend money to keep it on the road? probably, it's an old truck. Is it a total ringer - No
                                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                                X