Got myself a sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself a sunroof

Eager bidding on ebay got myself a VERMEULEN HOLLANDIA tilt and slide sunroof for the grand total of £37.50 delivered

The only thing I thought was missing from my Surf when I got it............................ .................just got to get my bottle up when it comes to fitting it

Originally posted by kazam401
    Eager bidding on ebay got myself a VERMEULEN HOLLANDIA tilt and slide sunroof for the grand total of £37.50 delivered

The only thing I thought was missing from my Surf when I got it............................ .................just got to get my bottle up when it comes to fitting it

The mere thought of attacking the roof with a jig saw makes me judder Rob, your a braver man than me gunga din for taking on that project, just taking out the roof lining can be a mare.

Good luck m8

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401

I thought that the SSR-G was the top spec Surf. I would have thought a sun roof would be standard. My SSR-X had one already fitted. Oh, the mystery of Japanese badges.
      Good luck with the sunroof fitting. Guess tou would need a jigsaw on a Surf. The Peugeot 306 can be done with a Swiss Army Knife Tin Opener attachment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Guess tou would need a jigsaw on a Surf. The Peugeot 306 can be done with a Swiss Army Knife Tin Opener attachment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        LOL gonna get myself a nibbler for the weekend, have cutbody work with a jigsaw before and the result's weren't good.

Comment

I used to fit sunroofs as a Saturday job .

As long as you know the rough location of the sunroof , you can cut an inspection panel out of the rooflining to see where the ribs are on the inside of the roof . I never removed roof linings to fit sunroofs as you need them in so you can 'trim' it to fit the aperture of the sunroof (if that makes sense)
          With that done you need to put masking tape on the area of the cutting so it prevents to much paint damage on cutting .
          Make sure you put plenty of dust sheets in the motor and wash of any shavings of metal of the bodywork or it will rust onto the paintwork .
          Make sure you treat the cut edge of metal with plenty of paint so it does not rust up .
          I used to trim the sealer off after a week of curing . It looks nasty for a week but trims easier after it has cured (depends on sealer I guess)
          Basic instructions I know , but if you want more info let me know .

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hell Yeah! cut that baby up!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X